• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

which potting compost ?

I myself am starting a planted tank and intend to use the John Innings 3 mixed with some dark grit topped with fluval stratum this is my first attempt and have started a journal myself for it Rio 125 Planted tank first attempt will see how it goes I'm also in no rush to start adding livestock to the tank and will be planting most of the foreground while the tank is empty just kept moist with a daily misting

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Right I can't wait any longer, I'm digging out our 30 litre tank and setting up a small dirt tank:D think I'll mineralize the soil 3-4 weeks until I have planned my scape and flora etc.
I'm joint the dark side;)

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk 2

Hi, resurrection of an old thread. I'm soon to be setting up a simple moss and rock tank. Will there be any gains to be had for putting John Innes 3 under my tesco cat litter? Thanks in advance

Hi, resurrection of an old thread. I'm soon to be setting up a simple moss and rock tank. Will there be any gains to be had for putting John Innes 3 under my tesco cat litter? Thanks in advance

I'm still learning too but if you've only moss I don't think it will help (no roots/won't go that far down) better off just adding some ferts into the water, if you even need that..

Back