• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hardscape Plants.

EnderUK

I'm looking for suggestions on plants that will grow on hardwood. Currently I have a root stump which I want to plant something on the top of it. It's currently got Java fern and Anubias nana on the top but I'm not to keen on the java fern and the Anubias is getting hit by GSA, though it does pretty well growing about as fast as I trim it. I'm looking to move the Anubias further down the stump to the roots and get something else to help with cover and break up the lines of the sawn cut stump top.

Moss seems to be out of the question as my SAE seems to nibble on it and pretty much destroy it and won't offer much cover to the lower plants. I have about 5-6" above the top of the stumps to the lighting but the flow in that area it pretty strong as the filter outlet is in that corner.

Any suggestions welcome.

I like hygrophila pinnatifida as well, sends off daughter plants like mad and attaches well to wood

Okay, think I'm going to take the Anubias nana out completely and stick them in the nano tank for now to let them recover. Going to do a mix of Hygrophila pinnatifida, Ranunculus Inundatus and Hydrocotyle leucocephala and let there be a fight to the death. The great rescape of the house begins. So will be emptying the tank soon to move it into the bedroom. Once the carpet in the living room is down I have a weekend to play with some new plants.

Back