• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
Pop it behind the sofa so it's viewable from all sides. True 360 big tanks are few and far between. I think it's your duty;)

Btw if you're going 180 x 60 braceless in optiwhite, you might as well go 120 front to back. It's the same as the two smaller Amano tanks at Sumuda aquarium and they're AMAZING :wideyed:

120cm front to back, that's deeper than my tank is long...:woot: I guess you'd have no trouble achieving a good sense of depth in that ;). Whatever size you choose I'm sure it'll be amazing; a real monster AND a real beauty.
Good luck Alastair!

My tank is 80 cm deep one side and 120 cm deep the other side, gives a better angle from the couch

Trapezoid tanks are possible then are they? I'm eyeing up a mildly trapezoid room divide as somewhere to put a new tank for a family member. Would look much better if it could completely fill the space rather than having wasted edge space on one side.

Sorry to say but I thought Edvet was joking there...:oops: So trapezoid tanks, how do they do the silicone/joins? Must be super expensive and difficult to find a tank manufacturer willing and able to do that.

Sorry to say but I thought Edvet was joking there...:oops: So trapezoid tanks, how do they do the silicone/joins? Must be super expensive and difficult to find a tank manufacturer willing and able to do that.
No more difficult than a corner tank with a flat front or a hexagon tank. You'll just pay more for the wasted glass they just bevel the glass when they polish the ends for the silicone work. Finding someone prepared/capable to do it may be a little harder but i imagine most tank builders would like to build an odd shaped tank for a change

Wel i kinda smuggled a bit. I was befriended with a discusbreeder/seller (Discus Hans) who in turn had a friend (Rob) working in the glazing/glass industry. I bought the glass of Rob, who prepared it all in the shop, and the three of us put it together in my house. Still quite a job. It's not a minimal silicone job (;)). we did put in some extra strips around the bottom and one in the <90 degrees corner, to get some extra room for silicone (so it's glued to 3 cm i.s.o.1,5 cm). The glass was bevelled a bit, not a extremely clean design though.[DOUBLEPOST=1408969219][/DOUBLEPOST]
So trapezoid tanks, how do they do the silicone/joins
Lot's of it........:)

Just read this journal top to bottom, great read, sorry to see it end with the damaged tank. Making me now consider upgrading my living room tank, much smaller than this but much bigger than I have at the moment. I'd say thanks but not sure my wallet will thank you Alastair.

Rich

Just read this journal top to bottom, great read, sorry to see it end with the damaged tank. Making me now consider upgrading my living room tank, much smaller than this but much bigger than I have at the moment. I'd say thanks but not sure my wallet will thank you Alastair.

Rich

My wallet hates me Rich so don't worry about it haha.
I was a little gutted to be honest, as a scale could have been running in it by now, however fear not, it was a good thing as I now have this beauty ready for scaping in two weeks

c62ef55ffdd3f1eb6be96edf5aa11634.jpg

E

What's the plan for this one Alastair? Low/high tech? Emmersed growth? Liquorice and chocolate gourami? What sort of scape, similar to the lake or something different?

Back