• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Normal filter output V spraybar

Thanks, actually I was not careful and then had to mop the floor :D since jet jumped over tank!
I am really anxious for the results.
However I did not align holes very well in a straight line so I will be doing a 2nd one soon.

This is an update about 1 month after I installed the spray bar. Plants are greener and healthier. Just recently I changed the inline atomizer from going into the filter to going into the tank.

Here's what my flow and circulation look like after the new setup.
I am still waiting for the hair grass to show signs of carpeting. Seems I need to wait much longer :(

Comments welcome.

hi Christos, I've got a similar set up what type of filter are you running and are you happy with your results?

Hi its a sunsun filter (aka allpond aka many other names)
Does a good job at cleaning the tank. You can see the circulation/flown with the DIY spraybar.

As for growth (due to circulation) alteranthea reiniki seems happy. So does styro, polypsperma, moss. Wish I could say the same about dh though, but admidably is greener after this change (5/1/15)

(Much) Easier said than done.
Here's my DIY spraybar, 120 long, with 3mm holes drilled on a clear tube, hooked up on my new 2000L/H filter :)
Let's wait for the results of this investment!

I have a powerhead lying around - I removed it after I installed the spray bar.
Do you think that there will be benefits it is installed again? If so, where should it be placed, facing which direction?

This is a schematic of my current layout. Spray will hit front (opposite) glass about 3 inches lower than spray bar.
xdid0l.jpg

I have a powerhead lying around - I removed it after I installed the spray bar.
Do you think that there will be benefits it is installed again? If so, where should it be placed, facing which direction?

This is a schematic of my current layout. Spray will hit front (opposite) glass about 3 inches lower than spray bar.
xdid0l.jpg
Hi all, so anyone can advice whether adding a power head on my above ^ setup can benefit the circulation?
If so, how/where should I aim the power head to?

Thanks a lot!

That's nice to hear. (Read)
Fwiw plants are happier and I get pealing under leafs of poly, s.repens

Back