• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

What canister to get ?

Seb1

Seedling
hi, I wanted your opinion on a 300L heavy planted tank with CO2 , I'm having a crisis here on what to buy since I havent used any of them for years now I wanted your opinions .

Thx

There is a rule of thumb for high tech tanks that says you should buy a canister filter rated 10x your tank volume (because the real flow would be aprox. 50%). So you should buy one or two filters to have 3,000 liters per hour, BUT you will see plenty of people with large tanks using less flow. My advice is "buy the better you can afford", at least buy a reliable filter for which you can easily find spare parts if needed.

Jordi

One word depending on your budget. Eheim.

FX-5 or Fx-6 whats the difference between both except from price 350$-419$ on 80 gallon what should i get ?

Hi
FX 6 is an upgrade of the FX5 nothing really exciting.
I have an FX 5 in my 200 L and it's working very well.
Down side of this filter is the size of the pipes that's not adapted to a lot of in line devices for CO2.
After multiple tries to downsize the diameter to put a inline atomizer, I decided to go back with an in tank diffuser.
I have also tried different type of nozzle for the outflow, after a year I am back with the original outlet double nozzle. It moves more water and don't gives you a strong flow, so it allows you to turn on the pump at full capacity.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Back