• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hello from the Netherlands (near Gouda)

Wolf6

Hello everyone,

I've been lurking on this site for a while without an account, reading a lot and learning so much, and I decided to finally join as well to become an active member.
I'm 33, living in the Netherlands, and had an aquarium from 11 till 19 years of age, and then briefly from 25-26 and recently started again. I've had planted tanks of varying sizes from 11-19 as well as a malawi tank age 18-19. From 25-26 I had a tanganyika tank for about a year together with a community tank, before moving house again and quitting once more untill a few months ago. I'm not inexperienced when it comes to keeping fish, but aquascaping is completely new to me (I had a few passable Dutch style tanks back in the days, but not even close to the level I see on here).

I'm a father of one, second on the way, beautiful girlfriend who tolerates my obsession/hobby (as long as I dont spend all our money on it), a dog and 2 cats as other pets, and currently have two tanks:

One is a scapers tank 50litre which is my first real attempt at 'an aquascape':
b66676f89586818695c5b4a8876fdd49.jpg

Its been running for about a month now, very little in the way of algea so I'm quite happy. Everything is growing well, some plants even a bit too well. May make a thread for it soon with all the details (and for tips to improve the scape).

The other is a custom 70x50x45(h) tank that I'm still working on.
7ae944c0c9fdbf75be7915ba6e3acc78.jpg

Below is the hardscape setup I'm currently trying for a few days.
eb4b681f9767fa74fd624fc6892c46b9.jpg

May also make a thread for this one with more details.

Anyway, hello to you all and looking forward to being active on this forum rather than just lurking :) Hoping to learn a lot from you guys, I really consider many of the people here experts in the field/hobby.

Back