• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

70cm High Tank

angelfishguy

Hi,

My new tank is 101cm x 50cm(D) x 70cm(H) it comes with 4 x 30w T8 bulbs, i know for a planted tank T8's aint ideal especially with a height of 70cm.

so heres my question,

would replacing the bulbs with 4 x T5's provide enough light at the substrate to grow demanding plants? or is the tank just too deep to get sufficient light with T5's?
Or
should i try go the route of 3 x 20 LED floodlights?

i know its hard to give an exact answer and i know people will say its CO2 that's the demanding factor in growth but what would people opinion be on this?

All the info I have seen indicate t5 would be better for the deeper tank but it can sometimes be problematic with the increase of intensity so personally I would make sure you can alter the function ie one light, two light etc on a 4 light set up if need be. And if its a luminaire adjustable to get your desired height.So many of these have no allowance in design for this then your looking at diy or floating plants

Hi,

My new tank is 101cm x 50cm(D) x 70cm(H) it comes with 4 x 30w T8 bulbs, i know for a planted tank T8's aint ideal especially with a height of 70cm.

so heres my question,

would replacing the bulbs with 4 x T5's provide enough light at the substrate to grow demanding plants? or is the tank just too deep to get sufficient light with T5's?
Or
should i try go the route of 3 x 20 LED floodlights?

i know its hard to give an exact answer and i know people will say its CO2 that's the demanding factor in growth but what would people opinion be on this?
Have you considered pendant lights, like the Kessil A160WE Tuna Sun? They have great penetration into deeper tanks, from what I have seen online. Unfortunately pricy.

Back