• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Baby Apistogramma cacatuoides

Tim Harrison

Administrator
UKAPS Team
Haven't really been paying attention to my low-energy recently - my son has kinda taken over the mantle on that one.
Today we noticed baby Apistogramma cacatuoides about 8 mm in length. The adult male looked a little worse for wear - when we eventually found him - and no small wonder since the female must have been giving him a hard time.
Is it a good idea to move him to my high-energy for a holiday or since the young seem self-sufficient now has the worst passed. I don't want to stress him anymore than I have to.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated...

Great news on the fry Troi! It is probably wise to move the male as the female should still have some time before she loses interest in guarding the fry so the male will likely get bullied a bit more especially when she takes the fry on foraging tour. Sometimes males will help in guarding duty but a lot of cases they will take a beating instead.

Back