• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Wabi kusa - Spontaneous setup - unexpected visit - Ladybug

Hi guys,

I had a visitor the other day in the wabi kusa:

15886818268_1615e591d4_b.jpg

Lovely little creature this ladybug, probably she found a nice food source among the plants.. :)

Here a top view of the wabi - I have designed a new light and at the moment I have 23W of CFL on top(instead of 13W)....plants started growing in a very different way...more compact than before almost creeping. Slowish at the moment as the wabi is in not heated room and probably the temperature is about 15-16C. Amazing, how the light intensity changes the growth pattern!

15888488037_c2d662e4ef_b.jpg

And my Lindernia flowering:

16074257895_ebc1b4787a_b.jpg

15451947004_56b98c53ae_b.jpg

It looks so nice.. :) Amazing growth- saw the thread from the beginning. Lovely flowers as well. Is that an Alternantera Butterfly that is flowering?

Cheers,

Karthik

Hi Antoni
Your "!Rotala mac. green" flowering, from july-photos.........is very defenitely Ludwigia palustris. Flowers of Ludwigia are very easily recognized, so I am absolutely sure (looks like small Fuchsia-flowers - same family (Onagraceae)).
The Rotala mac. green is on one of your very first pictures ( the short cluster on a spike - small, white-ish flowers).
- just so no-one uses these brilliant pic.s to do wrong determinations on their plants :)

Back