• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
Well will have to wait and see whats your plans. I will start a thread when I get my tank not gona hijack your thread

Well will have to wait and see whats your plans. I will start a thread when I get my tank not gona hijack your thread

I'll look forward to it. Should be good.
I've just thought too I think you meant the massive tank as in the BIG one in a year or so. Got confused then sorry

Sent from my iPhone 6 plus
using Tapatalk

Hey ryno
Sorry for that, had a few things in the pipeline get in the way of photos etc.
Anyway I'm free now to get posting regular updates again on all my journals.

This one is growing at a huge rate, esoecoslly the hydrocotyle tripartia which has a trim each week. Monte Carlo is now finally getting going well, and some crypt flamingo added for a patch of colour.

Just a couple of phone pics from the new iPhone 6 plus and will get my photos off my camera after Xmas of all the various shots.

16066981366_9aa62af980_b.jpg
'Back to my roots' after a heavy trim
by Mr-T-, on Flickr

16092059692_febcae0212_b.jpg
'Back to my roots' after trim
by Mr-T-, on Flickr

Sent from my iPhone 6 plus
using Tapatalk
Somehow missed your posts on this...that is an amazingly natural scape...a piece of river bank in a glass box in a room in a houseo_O...it's so incongruous it's almost surreal.

Yep the BIG tank.

Somehow missed your posts on this...that is an amazingly natural scape...a piece of river bank in a glass box in a room in a houseo_O...it's so incongruous it's almost surreal.

yeah dont get wood like this in a shop its amazing

Promise I'll sort the photos for this tomorrow, especially as I told a young gent I met from Northern Ireland that i would.

Also, my stunning mahoosive optiwhite is all ready to go soon. It's all good fun
Just a couple of phone pics from the new iPhone 6 plus and will get my photos off my camera after Xmas of all the various shots.

16066981366_9aa62af980_b.jpg
'Back to my roots' after a heavy trim
by Mr-T-, on Flickr

Thank you very much good sir!

It really is the best piece of wood I've ever seen in a tank, and it's now looking all the more stunning as the entire scape you've produced matures, outstanding mate! :thumbup:

p.s I can't wait to see your new project get going too, that's one stunning tank!

Thanks Tim, glad you like, thought it would be right up your street when you saw it.

Thank you very much good sir!

It really is the best piece of wood I've ever seen in a tank, and it's now looking all the more stunning as the entire scape you've produced matures, outstanding mate! :thumbup:

p.s I can't wait to see your new project get going too, that's one stunning tank!

Cheers Iain, couldn't agree more, I loved it and new I had to have it. Not sure what I'll do with it when i come to stripping it down ha ha.
That is inspiration for. Thank you.
thanks Filip, my pleasure
WOW... don't know what to say... impressive! :eek:

Will keep an eye on this one!

Well done!
Thanks iceman, I hope you'll follow it as it grows in to what I imagined
Lovely Al,...:):) so amazingly natural. How are you managing the co2 flow on this one? The plants are looking so healthy..
hello mate, nice to see your post, hope your ok??

It does have a really natural feel, shame I can't put any shrimp or fish in but it's still nice to watch.

The co2 is injected via an inline diffuser which is now on the inlet of a g6, but I'm getting lots of co2 burps possibly down to how much co2 is going in, then it's straight out the outlet at the pack of the wood flowing left and to the front slightly and on the left side is a small 1600 lhr wave maker that's set to half flow, and pointing diagonally right so there's a nice constant circular motion round the entire tank. Plants are really healthy, the hydrocotyle is like a weed in this one and has to have regular trims to allow the Monte Carlo to catch up. No algae anywhere in the tank touch wood and got my dosing levels just right now so I don't have a surface film.

Here's a quick update, the Monte Carlo has finally shot off, and seeing it grow more each day, and the pogostomon helferi is growing bigger in the centre.
I'm adding some smaller crypts behind them possibly, or may leave behind it open so it looks like a cave.

I've dropped maintenance down to once a week now and one 80 percent water change each Saturday. Ally's looking good. I removed the inline heater though as it was reducing flow too much.
16026452990_8ae9c74e5a_b.jpg
Back to my roots by Mr-T-, on Flickr

16026492768_c43e42734b_b.jpg
Back to my roots by Mr-T-, on Flickr

Shame it lives upstairs in the spare room but I have a good watch of it each night.

I've also attached some above water foliage, maiden hair fern split up and glued around the stump, and been trimmed right back to nothing to allow it to adapt to having its feet wet. So hopefully in about a month it'll look nice above water too.

Thats awesome. Hope to see lots of emmeesed growth in this scape
Question I have loads of anubias im gona use in my scape end of the month. Want to grow them emmersed. Think I must cut the leaves off? They will drop their leaves anyway because of the emmersed transformation.

hello mate, nice to see your post, hope your ok??

It does have a really natural feel, shame I can't put any shrimp or fish in but it's still nice to watch.

The co2 is injected......... No algae anywhere in the tank touch wood and got my dosing levels just right now so I don't have a surface film.

Hey Al,...:) I am doing well,...thank you so much for your concern mate :)...it's just that i think i had been bitten by the "dormant bug" lately :lol:,....my little non co2 tank is all that i have going. I have only been occupying myself with family and work matters of late,..but i am looking forward to start another little tank,..this time i would like to try out using co2 y'know? Loving every bit of your journal,...and truly sorry for being so silent lately

Back