• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Bucephalandra

Hi Dean,

I currently have two Bucephalandras in my aquariums and they are really easy to grow. They are like a combination of Crypts and Anubias, they do well attached to rocks and wood but can apparently melt like Crypts. Buce will grow slower than Anubias.They appear to grow fast submerged than emersed. I began growing a little plantlet for a while and it has only just now sent a new leaf emersed. As for submerged, I experience about 1 leaf a month, if I am lucky I get 2 sometimes. I grow mine in a low tech aquarium, 30L with around 14watt t8 with a blanket of duckweed. They exhibit lovely colours but I believe CO2 will be needed for that as I am unable to bring out the blue colours of my plants in my tank but they look lovely non the less in my opinion. They definitely do not need added CO2 to survive and grow well but like all plants will appreciate it. It is a plant that will reward patience

Here is a very nice link with nice pictures and care tips http://www.ukaps.org/forum/threads/bucephalandra-all-in-one.26970/page-2#post-330624

It is really light. I found it hard to plant at first but once roots grow into the soil, they will stay put. I don't think I will use the substrate on its own without the soil because of this reason.

2ffcdb9f284a4aad8d89929dee701e6f.jpg

Back