• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Starting point The Cube-- New Cube Rescape

Hi All, The Cube 12" Started in June 2013 Had a algae problem when i started this little one but got it under control with triple dosing liquid Co2 :D Am now running Diy Co2 with a bell system Re started on 10 October 2013 And is now home to 4 happy Amano shrimp;) All going well so far some pics the last pic is how it looks to day

Very nice. I like the natural look. Reminds me a bit of some of our desert streams that come down from the mountain behind our home in Tucson. I will keep that theme in mind when next I do a re-landscape in my 12 incher.
027_zpsc84ad05d.jpg

You said: Am now running Diy Co2 with a bell system

How do you control CO2 with the bell system?

The Co2 controls its self so long as the bell is full / Then the Co2 diffuses into the water. My bell is in the flow at the top of the tank you can see a ripple on the Co2 within the bell this helps with the diffusion of the Co2 into the water column :) Depending on the rate of Co2 diffusion any extra Co2 will bubble off from round the rim of the bell this happens more in the summer as the yeast eats the sugar faster in summer than in winter when its colder.

I change the bottle mix every 3 days in the summer / winter every 4-5 days ;)

Mix -- 80 g sugar 2.5ml of yeast in a 2 litre bottle ;)

Back