• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
decided to change the nature of this scape without changing the scape itself

cleared background

15828467637_e49de7c184_z.jpg

15828186199_00abff302b_z.jpg

15828186259_3d6d7f512e_z.jpg

16014215745_8aa0b1c924_c.jpg

Hi, Lauris
Awesome skape mate, good decision on removing the black background. I really admire how clean is that tank and simple. Nothing to distract your eyes:D.
One question. Where did you get your BLAU tank. There are no prices on their website....those tanks looks really well built. Did they out compete ADA price wise?

Keep up the good work....is is always good to involve your Lady in the hobby;)

hehe. Hi Nikolas, and thanks!

The tank is custom build 8mm optiwhite clear-seal. Ordered myself
The glass tools inside are only BLAU. Lilly pipe and intake and
drop checker and diffuser, also co2 tank.. so did a confusing move - sticker placed
on tank is from diffuser. lol. sorry for disappointment :D
it is not BLAU tank, but it is BLAU powered (if I can say)

Thanks, I like the scape myself much better now as it is more positive
with clear backgound. I didn't dislike black, but I must admit - this is
better

Hi all,
I hope it will adapt well. Anubias Nana 'Pinto'
It should be fine, but it will grow really slowly, mainly because it is so heavily variegated (basically it doesn't have much photosynthetic tissue).

You may also find it the new leaves it produces under water are greener than the existing ones, although you may be able to alter the amount of variegation by adjusting the light levels.

cheers Darrel

Beautiful tank Lauris, really nicely executed. I actually preferred the black background as it gave it (IMO) a real sense of depth. But looks great either way :)

How did you feed your pygmy corys? I always have the problem to properly feed them because the other fish try to eat all the food, and pygmys are quite stupid about looking for food even when the dish right ahead of them. That drives me crazy every time.

Hi all, It should be fine, but it will grow really slowly, mainly because it is so heavily variegated (basically it doesn't have much photosynthetic tissue).

You may also find it the new leaves it produces under water are greener than the existing ones, although you may be able to alter the amount of variegation by adjusting the light levels.

cheers Darrel

Thanks for info. I was expecting it will grow with greener as now it is.. time will show

Beautiful tank Lauris, really nicely executed. I actually preferred the black background as it gave it (IMO) a real sense of depth. But looks great either way :)

Thanks. It was hard to get it clear. There is no problem to get he paint back one day.. :)

How did you feed your pygmy corys? I always have the problem to properly feed them because the other fish try to eat all the food, and pygmys are quite stupid about looking for food even when the dish right ahead of them. That drives me crazy every time.

I feed my fish only with frozen daphnia and bloodworm. I always defrost the cube and then just flush in tank.
bloodworm cubes I always chop in tiny bits from frozen, than few minutes in cup with tank water..
seems for me they are getting their portion. They get very busy after food is added. at least for 30min-1hour
they digging all around for it. Maybe you have just a bunch of lazy fellas. lol

Hi all,
How did you feed your pygmy corys? I always have the problem to properly feed them because the other fish try to eat all the food, and pygmys are quite stupid
They really like Micro-worms, and they browse a lot over leaf litter (possibly for Rotifers). Mine get Grindal worms and Daphnia as well, but Micro-worms are the thing that get them going.

cheers Darrel

I never see mine, they just hide amongst the rocks. I assume they eat small bits of plant and biofilm and any food (flake or frozen) that ends up there.

Hello everyone and myself. Time for a little update on this project.
This is now 3 months since my last update. So,I guess, this is the right time
to refresh my journal.

Moving slowly. No rush. Decided not to force things.
Moved few things around but nothing major. Increased a little bit my plant mass
with new plants. Less trimming now. Maybe once every 3-4 weeks.

just for reference -
3 months ago:
16014215745_8aa0b1c924_z.jpg

now:
16831560826_d938d12aca_c.jpg

I'm happy to see plants taking more natural look once settled in. I guess mu next update
will be more bushy.. Anubias nana likes it a lot. other plants adjusted well. still have
some struggles with MonteCarlo, but looks like it will be more than less OK

and few more snaps to top-up this update:

16856269682_09c28020c9.jpg

16235066714_b9b3c5b16a.jpg

16669836228_bde3b7d1e8.jpg

16670038490_c9de91d82c.jpg

(this one planted only 2 days ago. Rotala macranda)

16671292289_941b3a3e0a.jpg

yep. and Sylvania Grolux gives what it has - my pink'ish background.
girly? right, but I kinda love it

16856269052_6b65f1f326.jpg

16235066524_203e697015_c.jpg

thanks.

yep. it is dwarf puffer. I have 2 of them. I had a problem with pest snails. nothing really did help to get rid of them. seemed like endless fight. dwarf puffers cleaned it up within 48hours and they keep in under control ever since. lovely and funny fish trough

Back