• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Attaching Java fern?

robert2191

Hi
Whats the best way to attach java fern to wood? I have put some on with cotton but I want to add some more, is their an easier way of attaching it without keep getting the wood out the tank
Thanks

Hi Robert

Nearly every method works IME... I have used cotton thread, wire, superglue or just placed the rhizome between rocks or wood. In a few weeks the plants will produce roots and will attach by themselves.

Jordi

Stapler works too;)
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2VN93atl3-hv9_QdnF13aqe9ma0vY2QFabCDR-r3uY-WK_Lgt.jpg

Did you use it underwater because the OP said he did not want to remove the wood?
Not a problem, as long as your a bit quick, and be sure not to get any on your hands beforehand, because it goes solid pretty quickly under water. And I've used several brands and types of superglue, and no problems whatsoever; I found the gel ones to be the easiest to use.

Thanks for all the replies all very helpful just waiting for the java fern to be delivered thanks again

Back