• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Can I remove the trays themselves from Eheim external?

Sacha

Hi guys

I have an Eheim Professional 3 600 (2075) external filter. I only have media in two of the trays, so two of the trays in the filter are empty. However I left the empty trays in the filter, because from what I can see, the water needs to flow down the little corridor in the corner of the canister, in order to go to the bottom of the filter first, before it is sent back up through the trays. I thought that if I removed the trays, the water wouldn't be constrained to this little corridor, so it would be able to move freely down through the trays, creating some kind of flow disruption, and possibly bypass.

Was my thinking correct? Or can you safely remove the trays themselves without disrupting the flow? It's hard to explain this in writing but hopefully those with Eheim filters will understand what I mean.

Cheers

Hi guys

I have an Eheim Professional 3 600 (2075) external filter. I only have media in two of the trays, so two of the trays in the filter are empty. However I left the empty trays in the filter, because from what I can see, the water needs to flow down the little corridor in the corner of the canister, in order to go to the bottom of the filter first, before it is sent back up through the trays. I thought that if I removed the trays, the water wouldn't be constrained to this little corridor, so it would be able to move freely down through the trays, creating some kind of flow disruption, and possibly bypass.

Was my thinking correct? Or can you safely remove the trays themselves without disrupting the flow? It's hard to explain this in writing but hopefully those with Eheim filters will understand what I mean.

Cheers

Hi
No, the corridor or corner piece inside the filter is where the flow is pulled down before being pumped up through the trays bottom to top. If you go removing the corridor that flow isn't going straight down and back up, also if you remove the two other trays I'm sure the prefilter has nothing to rear on.

I don´t think that´s a good idea...
If you remove trays how can you ensure the tightness of the internal scheme?
Certainly you will have the other trays going up and down inside the body filter... or trembling.

I wouldn´t do it.

Compliments

Back