• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
This is the best woodscape I have seen for a long time now...

The shear size of that wood, matched with unique tank dimensions makes this scape very special.

Hi Al.

Been away for a bit as I've been so busy with the lads football and doing home renovations etc. I stripped my last tank down at the beginning of summer as Neglect cost me big time.

I've just recieved a TMC Sig 600 and can't wait to get going again. Love the tank, looks quality. Decided against DIY this time. LOL

Anyway, enough about me. :lol: This scape is immense! Can't wait to see it grow in. I predict a legend in the making. Congrats!

Not been around for a while but I had heard that you were moving house. I see you're doing the same top class of
Scapes that we have come to expect from you. You always come up with crackers and the whole shallow tank thing gives your set ups a very distinctive look.
Your set ups always make me smile.
All the best from Bill. :D

Looks great Alastair
I have a g6 spraybar you can have mate. Pm your address and I'll post it out to you if you still need one.

That looks amazing! Is the wood not blocking too much light?
Hi Mark, thanks for the comments. I knew I'd found a keeper when I saw it.
The wood has holes in where the roots cross (pic will follow) so lights spreads through these, plus it's mainly Marsilea Hirsuta which is growing directly under the wood and is actually growing fairly fast.
Cowabunga!

I do enjoy your shallow tanks
Thanks as always Darren, really appreciated mate

Absolutely stunning...
than you Vinkenoog :)
Wow Alastair! That's just amazing!
very nice of you to say thanks, it's really grown on me massively since I did it given it was a spur of the moment idea.
Can I close my mouth now....? drooling all over the my computer....

How do you get good current around the tank?
Hahaha :lol: cheers Martin. Hope the keys still work ok.
I'm using the spray bar for the Fluval g6 which I've just extended so flow hits the front, down and under the wood and back up.
However I suffer with a couple of areas on the wood where flow is very light so I get detritus but nothing a vac with some air hose doesn't sort it.

I may change the flow to circular, filter rear right and small koralia front left. Alls ok at present as is, but might have a play about.

Any new pics?

And what's the stocking plan in this?

Once again, great wood, great planting, can't wait to see it mature!

What more can be said that has not been said. Looks amazing! Should look unbelievable once grown in.

Your sponsors have backed the right person Al! :)

Andy mate your too kind, I'm greatful that you follow my work the way you do and comment when you can, that's enough for me in itself it really is.

I'm surprised and shocked to become sponsored but it's the right company for me and one I have a very good relationship with.
Their freshwater range really is spot on. I'm seeing no deficiencies at all just bright green plants.
Wouldn't mind something a little red amongst it all though. A Cryptocoryne flamingo or a stem of some sort
About time:snaphappy:
Just awesome
Watching
Thank you big clown I hope you keep watching :D
Sweet wood man, really impressive work you did there! :)
Hiya Clonitza,, a lucky find it think, and very lucky find. Couldn't have found a better piece.
Simply Stunning, as always.
Hey there Gill I hope your well mate. Nice to see you on again. Thanks very much.

Hi Al.

Been away for a bit as I've been so busy with the lads football and doing home renovations etc. I stripped my last tank down at the beginning of summer as Neglect cost me big time.

I've just recieved a TMC Sig 600 and can't wait to get going again. Love the tank, looks quality. Decided against DIY this time. LOL

Anyway, enough about me. :lol: This scape is immense! Can't wait to see it grow in. I predict a legend in the making. Congrats!

Ha ha not sure about a legend, but it would be nice for it to be trouble free and look or turn out exactly how Im expecting it too. It's growing in fast, just having trouble getting the Monte Carlo to get going properly

Looking good for now!
I hope for its entire running time too lol

Looking really lovely. Just my cup of tea. Are you planning on any plants above the waterline?

Thanks me Tea, yes I sure am, I'm having my favourite fern on show, and a new species of echinodorus, who's leaves should start to grow above the water at the back right and hopefully be a bike green leaf tip with red edging..

Back