• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Kessil A150W "Amazon Sun" review

Last edited:
Sorry I meant selling online, but I get the impression they are not properly out yet, hence the pre-ordering. Interestingly they seem to have at least one distributer who has long time gone out of business :)

Alot of the distributors also seem to be koi and pond related..strange

I really wish they'd release an a360n Tuna Sun (narrow beam version for mounting high above tank). I'd buy one right away.
BigTom, How about getting a A160WE, then shipping it to custom optical company like this or this, and giving them a spec of what you need. Then you can start selling the replacement lenses on ebay. ;)

I really wish they'd release an a360n Tuna Sun (narrow beam version for mounting high above tank). I'd buy one right away.

Just give Kessil a call & discuss options ... (I thought they'd played with the option & then moved to wider angle)

Hmm, do you know how close to the tank you have to mount them BigTom? I was thinking of buying them for my shallow tank which is only 120 x 32 x 22 cm. I don't want them too close to the water surface...

Hmm, do you know how close to the tank you have to mount them BigTom? I was thinking of buying them for my shallow tank which is only 120 x 32 x 22 cm. I don't want them too close to the water surface...

Ideally I'd like it about 120cm above the substrate, for which I need a roughly 60 degree beam angle (edge to edge). The WE variants are more than double that, but the N would be pretty much spot on.

Back