• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

IAPLC 2014 results - updated page 1

Disappointing! was expecting somewhere around 50-100range.

But it turned out to be..

hugely surprised...I thought your effort was a work of art, perhaps they did not fully get the strangling fig vibe, we get a similar fig species here so appreciated the great replica..

Hi all, congrats to all, looking forward to see all scapes.
my rank :
2wppiyg.jpg

My biggest surprise was No. 14. I don't understand why it ranked so high. And it won the special jury prize. I just don't get it. Look out for it.

NA Part was terrific, the streaming yesterday worked perfect for me.

Here's No.1

1969323_994342730591760_322892385184326924_n_zpscc871bb1.jpg
It is a very good and original idea. Well executed. It does however contradict the grading criteria in IAPLC, especially the new ones.
It is only normal for a business contest to pass the top score to the top WOW front picture.
I wonder if IAPLC will ever consider what the contest aquariums look like in reality, for it seems all they care about is a collection of a cool front shots.
I am yet to see any scape with the large hardscape elements on the very front to look good for e real live view.

Any way. Congrats to all of us, the winners...:)

link to the top 27.......... http://peha68.pl/iaplc-2014-top-27/

My biggest surprise was No. 14. I don't understand why it ranked so high. And it won the special jury prize. I just don't get it. Look out for it.

NA Part was terrific, the streaming yesterday worked perfect for me.

when you look at Piotr Dymowski #45 above is pure class the detail is amazing.

Number 14 is a nice, however who in their right mind thought it was better than Piotr Dymowski #45.

50th Before the Creation of Adam by @keymaker Balázs Farkas from Green Aqua / Hungary

Some may will criticize the minimalism and the fake background, but you can't be a winner til you came up with something new.

Journal....

http://akvakertesz.hu/threads/before-the-creation-of-adam-ahogyan-készült-út-az-iaplc-2014-ig.4987/

Final shoot

12799206145_bebcb98e1f_b.jpg
Before the Creation of Adam - by Keymaker IAPLC 2014 rank 50th, GAPLC 2014 3rd
by viktorlantos, on Flickr

Piotr Dymowski #45

loving this so much! :thumbup:

The winning scape has the wow factor, I think it deserves its place for that, what I don't like is the front symmetry, it makes it unnatural. It would've looked even better without one of the pillars. :)

Back