• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Plants that like strong water flow

JRPW

Seedling
Hi Guys,

Anyone know of any plants that enjoy being planted in a strong water flow?

Many Thanks
James

Yep depends on how strong...are you planning a whitewater river scape? In fast flowing environments the substrate is constantly on the move so plants don't get much opportunity to find a foothold. But I'd agree Bolbitis heudelotti and Anubias spp. are well adapted to strong flow...tough leaves and roots to rock instead of substrate, and any moss that naturally clings like fissidens. You could also try Crinum natans it also has tough leaves and likes good flow, and anything with strap like leaves such as vallis or sagittaria spp. some, I think, prefer high flow too. You could give eleocharis spp. a go too.

Thanks for your suggestion guys, ive got a pico water pump blowing along the back wall of the tank, wandering if there plants that would like that flow.

Bucephalandra are found in fast flowing waters. Tie them to lava rocks or some nice rocks. Theyll grow well.

Sent from my Panasonic P11

Back