• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Adding light

langer!

Hi, just wondering if you guys can help me, I know you will as you've been nothing short of amazing over the last few weeks I've been on here! I currently have 2x 39w t5 lamps over my aquaone eurostyle 100, which is 240ish litres and 64cm deep, this seems a bit on the low side to me (please correct if I'm wrong) I'd like to increase this if possible and if it's not a stupid idea to do so, to increase plant growth rates. Currently I seem to have algae under control and all seems to be going well, just plants growing quite slowly. Would adding on one of these be a good idea??

http://www.seapets.co.uk/products/a...ight-white-light-double-row-90cm-35-4ins.html

They do a single row and triple row also, just looking for your opinions, thanks for your time

Ps I dose ei and inject co2 if this makes any difference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you install reflectors?
Those lights should be intense enough already

Hi I've already got reflectors on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Increasing light intensity also increases demand from plant's for CO2/nutrient's.
If one cannot also increase CO2, then they better be able to raise the light.Can easily increase nutrient's.
Most often there is more light than CO2 available.
Most often it its not more light that plant's are seeking.

My personal opinion is that at 64cm depth and 2x39W T5s you'll be struggling to grow low light lovers even such as dwarf sag, meaning bottom plants. I have been there, done that. The problem with tall tanks is that if you increase the light amount in order to get enough at the bottom, the plants that are near the top start getting algae problems . It's a very thin balance In such tanks.

Would a submersible light work? I've a large piece of bog wood in there and I could fix the light to the rear of the wood ? Or is that just over kill

dcec4272c2da4b59fe155db300086f0b.jpg

Thanks for the advice so far!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/IMG]

Last edited:
Back