• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Original UP New Inline CO2 Atomizer Diffuser System Available now on CO2Art!

Putting on inlet is fine mate, I can't see any bubbles at all really. Plants are now pearling like crazy.

Hi Nathaniel

Putting on the inlet side, the C02 in the filter wont afect the bacteria in the filter? The filter wont be more noisy with the gas bubbles inside?

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi Nathaniel

Putting on the inlet side, the C02 in the filter wont afect the bacteria in the filter? The filter wont be more noisy with the gas bubbles inside?

Thanks
well the c02 if built up would be forced through the filter before any direct contact....it may be a little noisy but youd have to try it and see as it depends on the rate of injection, the filter and rate of dissolving.
As for effecting the bacteria, well the c02 will be in the water regardless and o2 concentrations will not be effected. Many people use this technique successfully.

well the c02 if built up would be forced through the filter before any direct contact....it may be a little noisy but youd have to try it and see as it depends on the rate of injection, the filter and rate of dissolving.
As for effecting the bacteria, well the c02 will be in the water regardless and o2 concentrations will not be effected. Many people use this technique successfully.
Thanks Ady

Will try that and see if my Tetratec EX 700 will be noisy or not... Let´s see

best regards,

Luis Batista

Stupid question maybe but I've just set up new tank, will be running it in for a few weeks before planting but will have filter running. No need for co2 yet but my up diffuser is plumbed into the filter hose. If I run the filter but with no co2 hose attached will the diffuser leak? It's on the intake.
Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Stupid question maybe but I've just set up new tank, will be running it in for a few weeks before planting but will have filter running. No need for co2 yet but my up diffuser is plumbed into the filter hose. If I run the filter but with no co2 hose attached will the diffuser leak? It's on the intake.
Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mine did. I just put a bit of co2 pipe on the diffuser, folded the co2 pipe, to seal it, and held it in place with a small cable tie.
If your not going to use the inline once the plants are in, i would remove it.

I will use it all the time once planted but I'm not planting for a few weeks. I could set up the fe, reg and connect it to the diffuser now I was just being lazy as I don't need to turn it on for a few weeks. Thanks for the advice I'll connect it all first in that case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if you have set it all up with non return valves, water shouldnt be able to pass.

Hello everyone,

Today, I decided to clean this atomizer and I need to say, I'm bit negatively surprised. When I tired to take CO2 tubing off, small plastic nipple just snapped off with not much force!

1_grande.jpg

I never had issues with our Intense (GLA) Atomizers!

Looks like material used in UP atomisers is not as good as it should be! I've already reported this issue to UP, I hope they will change this ASAP.

Good news I found solution for this problem. Our extension adapter for splitters will fit perfectly.

2_grande.jpg

We here at CO2Art want to be 100% fair with you so firstly we want to warn you about this issue! Secondly to be fair to all our existing customers who purchased this product we will give you this adapter completely for free! If similar situation will happen to you. Just, contact us and we will send you adapter at no cost to you.

Unfortunately we won't be able to offer this to all new customers, so please take this into consideration that you may need to buy such adapter.
Alternatively you can buy GLA Atomizer from our website. We sold 100s of Intense atomisers and never had any issues with it.

As soon as we hear from UP we will let you know.

Best regards
Karol

Hi

Last moth i bought 2 UP Atomizers and just found one of them broken just like the one on the photo.
Now i afraid that the other one will broke too and let me with 2 tanks without CO2...
Already email you to see what we will do about this...

Best Regards,

Luis Batista

The problem I have had with this inline diffuser is when I reassembled after cleaning I had to tighten the hose connectors very tight to prevent leaks around the seals. This puts to much strain on the body of the unit and it cracks right round it. I only realised because bubble counter rate stayed the same but drop checker stayed blue so investigated further, diffuser had hairline crack (hard to see unless looking for a fault) and CO2 escaping silently from crack (no water leak though).
Considering this and the problem some have had with the CO2 hose barb snapping off maybe UP need to reconsider the design/materials used. Could it be the ceramic diffuser tube is to long?

Last edited:
Until now i dont had nothing bad to say about this atomizer.
It works great, real fine myst all over the tank but now, with the CO2 hose barb snapping off, is clear that material used in this atomisers is not as good as it should be. The barb is just badly designed, it´s base is very thin.
But UP certainly is alerted to this situation and the warranty should not be a problem.
Its clear that with so many defect units, this is poorly done.
And i have 2 :nailbiting:

Let´s see how it goes now...

Cheers,

Once more, CO2art shows why they are the best online store that i know.
Karol will sent me 2 extensions for my 2 atomizers free of charge!!!
Not all stores do this so here is my public recognition of the excellence of the customer service support of CO2art.

Will recommend it to all my fellow hobbyist!!!

Thank You Karol!!!

How's best to clean the ceramic? I have just started using one and so far so good.

Hello,

Easiest way is to buy our detergent. But cheapest is to use hydrogen peroxide and soak ceramics for few hours. Alternatively you can have spare ceramics, keep one in hydrogen peroxide all time and just swap over when you do maintenance.

I hope this helps.

Best regards
Karol

Karol, that's great. I'm guessing you sell the spare ceramics as well? How often would you advise to swop them over? As for the hydrogen peroxide can I use say domestos original with no scent etc?

A link to the ceramics would be great :) it's the 16/22 one :) I'm using... Is the ceramic the same for both sizes?

Best wishes

Bhu

The new one can! It can be took apart and has replacement parts as well. Just need to make sure I get the right ones as mine is 16/22

That's great just ordered one. How often do you recommend to swop them over? Mine is on the outlet so very pure water passes through it.

Your SS atomisers/ reactors will also work inline with canister filters?

Back