• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Where to buy Genuine Hemigrammus Rhodostomus or true Rummy-nose tetra

REDSTEVEO

Hi all,

I have been researching the Rummy Nose Tetra.

Apparently there are three varieties but only one is the genuine article...Hemigrammus Rhodostomus or true Rummy-nose tetra.

Hemigrammus Rhodostomus
hemigrammus_rhodostomus_1-288x133.jpg

The other two are 'False' Rummy Nose tetras.

Petitella Georgiae -False Rummy-nose
petitella_georgiae_1-288x192.jpg

Hemigrammus Bleheri - Firehead Tetra
Hemigrammus-bleheri-288x192.jpg

Does anyone know of a stockist that can get the original?

Thanks...

Doesn't answer your question but personally I prefer the Hemigrammus Bleheri, it looks like the Rummy Nose we are used to seeing.

I would ask around, start at lfs then search further a field and on the internet, you'll find some...

Couldn't say without checking first. i don't recall seeing either of the false ones but i could be wrong. I get most of my fish stock from
Qss koi at bradford
Or
Calder valley aquatics at sowerby bridge near halifax

Chris at Charterhouse Aquatics in Sowerby Bridge has reserved 25 of these beauties for me, hopefully collecting:) them on Sunday!

Thanks,

Steve.

Chris at Charterhouse Aquatics in Sowerby Bridge has reserved 25 of these beauties for me, hopefully collecting:) them on Sunday!

Thanks,

Steve.
I didn't realize how far up north you were thats a long drive for fish.
Say hi to chris and dean for me
CVA is my all time favourite lfs and they are starting to get more involved with the planted side of things too

I got mine from Living Waters.

This was a few years back.

I had to wait a month whilst they were in quarantine and bought batches of 35 at a time.

Back