• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Lilaeopsis brasiliensis not staying in substrate

JamieB

Hi all

Having problems with this plant growing well but growing out of the substrate so just floating in places. Is there anything I can do here to get it to stay in the substrate? I am using gravel on top of Tropica soil.

I've tried using tweezers to push it into the substrate but just comes back out. A lot has stayed in place but comes out very easily.

You could - GENTLY - tie little bits of plants to a piece of gravel or a very small rock. Sewing thread is usable. Then just place this "setup(s)" in the correct depth among gravel and let the runners spread from there !!
This method applies to a lot of small bottom-plants, and are especially suited when getting plants established in "light-weight" bottom-layer-material (ex. many types of soil).

yes some heavier chunks of gravel be it temporary over the rhizomes would help..within say ten days or so it should start to get a hold of things.

Back