• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Couple of quick Purigen questions

Ben C

Evening all,

Am still trying to understand whether Purigen is counter-productive in a high-tech EI tank. Can anyone give me a bit more clarity (;)) on this?

Also, do people use it in their filters permanently, or just when they are trying to achieve a specific aim, i.e. increased water clarity / reduced ammonia?

I've tried searching for existing threads, but to little avail.

Thanks all,

Ben

Evening all,

Am still trying to understand whether Purigen is counter-productive in a high-tech EI tank. Can anyone give me a bit more clarity (;)) on this?

Also, do people use it in their filters permanently, or just when they are trying to achieve a specific aim, i.e. increased water clarity / reduced ammonia?

I've tried searching for existing threads, but to little avail.

Thanks all,

Ben

Hi Ben

I've never known purigen to be counter productive in an ei high tech tank. Many people use it all the time in their scapes for its obvious water clarity benefits. I have used it on a couple of occasions when I ran Mt last tank high tech and it really did make the water clearer but not to the extent I expected but then again it was a huge tank and flow was a pain.
If your doing more than one water change a week I'd probably not really bother with it, as your removing alot of particles and organics this way too but maybe add it for reasons such as taking full shots often or close ups of plants/fish.
If I used it again which I will no doubt I'd just leave it in until it's due a recharge

Good to know. Thanks Alastair. Sounds like there's no harm in having it in there (other than perhaps another thing to affect flow of course).
This will be in a Signature 600, so should be effective. Will give it a shot.
Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

Back