• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hardscaping materials

I may only need 10 or so pieces, we will see but yeah I think I might start with 20kg and go from there. So for the same 10kg how much dragon stone would I get, just a rough estimate??

Thanks Stu that would be great!
Here is a mockup of what my tank may look like (the rocks are just holding the wood):

c0694d23fd714e5a79da61667587f520.jpg

The tape measure show the height of the tank.

I just bought a 20kg box of daring stone so I'll take a pic later if you want. You get lots more as it's not as dense and full of holes

Where is this rock of which you speak stu? Where do you get yours?

I just bought a 20kg box of daring stone so I'll take a pic later if you want. You get lots more as it's not as dense and full of holes
Oops typo. That's dragon stone not daring!!

Sorry Stu :oops:, I know you have no obligation to take those pics but I just want to remind you as it would be a great help to me. I'm thinking I will get the dragon stone as it is definitely a nice rock and should be a lot cheaper than baltic. I'll probs use baltic in my next scape. Hey Nathaniel if you don't mind could you possibly take a picture of the 26kg of Baltic Rock you bought?

I feel bad asking you guys to do stuff for me so sorry if this is kinda rude... I don't mean to be :rolleyes:

Obviously the best way to get specific pieces for aquascaping is to see them in the flesh but I don't have any local places so I'm stuck with the internet.

My advice should be to buy regular but shapable stone from internet like lava rock. I know its not a rarely found stone and does not have good texture like dragon or other types pf rocks. But you can break it into pieces and stick the pieces with silicone. And give them an extra-ordinary shape. Maybe this way you can achieve an eye taking hardscape

Sorry Stu :oops:, I know you have no obligation to take those pics but I just want to remind you as it would be a great help to me. I'm thinking I will get the dragon stone as it is definitely a nice rock and should be a lot cheaper than baltic. I'll probs use baltic in my next scape. Hey Nathaniel if you don't mind could you possibly take a picture of the 26kg of Baltic Rock you bought?

I feel bad asking you guys to do stuff for me so sorry if this is kinda rude... I don't mean to be :rolleyes:
Sorry, i missed the update.

Ive taken this, its next to the car and the wheels are 18inch if that helps.

14935353359_9738ca788a_o.jpgDragon stone for ukaps thread by Stu Worrall Photography, on Flickr

and got knows why thats rotated. it didnt on flickr

Back