• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Deans 60p

I'm sorry to hear that mate, it seems you have all bases covered, I don't what the problem is. Hopefully some one cleverer than me can help you out.

Dean, I am so sorry you have had such bad luck with your tanks!
Every time the issues point towards lack of C02, please just try tuning it up one more time... even if you have to sacrifice a bottle full of the gas... just pump it in boy!!!!

Hi everyone this tank is now down as started looking unhealthy like last time, must be doing something wrong the only thing I have never changed is the EI starter kit and my water purifier , EI is by far the cheapest way to go for ferts but wonder if I should buy seperate salts but should be the same really, I am wondering if I didnt out enough light into tank and too much co2 but should that matter ? Same thing always happens plants start growing well co2 drop ok and plants start thining and browning and deteriorating after few weeks never cleaned filter much but pre filter in the g6 often, also started to find the co2 got worse at the end so suspect the diffuser blocked up so would need 2 for next time

Also been reading thread saying just put t piece directly into the in, et before filter for co2 anyine use this method ? Before took mine down I put a intank diffuser under the inket and didnt get burping but not sure if stored co2 in filter and had uncountable hight bps and couldnt get a decent ph drop so not sure if this method wont work ? Also had one of my light bars very low with yellow drop checker and never had much growth or any perling getting frustrating but had a nice break and re gained enthusiasm for another tank any inout welcome

Also any tips for drying out substrate had in sun for couple days in few containers and most dry but some still damp I remember reading about drying in oven but is this possible ?

Thanks for all support and help so far
Dean

Maybe before you setup a new tank, just put in the hardware (filter, heater, CO2 gear) and run in with only water, take some pics and let us have a look to see if we can spot something wrong. Then maybe only add substrate and hardscape and do a pH profile. May take a bit longer, but gives you more room to test things thouroughly.

Sounds like a good idea It started ok with lily oioe last time but not sure weather to make a spraybar but they dont look as good, but might put in substrate and hardscape and water then get plenty of pics etc what you think is the best way to add co2 I know this has been disscussed hundreds of times but has anykne used a t piece straight into filter or is inline diffuser best method ? May have to buy another one another 13mm one

Hey Dean,
Sorry to hear its back down.
Are you very strict on your waterchanges? You'll need to get rid of all the waste the plants give off.

Also, maybe try a bazooka diffuser from co2 art. I prefer seeing what gas is or isn't going in.

Hi dean, if only ukaps willpower could make a tank grow.
I'd try pumping more gas into the filter, if its not burping turn it up and find out just how much it will take before it does. If you do have a build up of gas but it doesnt burp it will just continue to dissolve after the co2 is switched off.
Ukaps roadtrip to rescape deans tank anyone?
If you want any cuttings out of dans tank or mine let me know.

My personal preferences:
I still feel the absolute best way (not the easiest way!) to diffuse a lot of CO2 is building a DIY diffusor and run it with a separate pump. This way you could scale it up for all purposes.
Next best is buying a commercial diffusor and running that in a separate line. Next follows getting it into the cannister filter (which has to be mostly lightly packed) maybe through an inline diffusor, after that an inline diffusor after the filter and last a diffusor in the tank.

Thanks guys yeah I will want clippings when decided what doing and set up, so they will be appreciated and yes at forst was doing 50 percent water changes daily then every other day and eventually went to every 4 days but suppose ciukd have keep it to every other day and maybe clean filter more often but the ooint of g6 is to be able to jusy clean the ore filter

Thaink as far as co2 gos the best and tested way is inline diffuser think one of my problems is the hard water must be very hard and withing days has water marks will get a PH reading of tap water shortly , might purchase another inline diffuser but you think go for liky pipe or spray bar ? Lily pipe seemed to work well at first and looks more pleasing

You think should purchase new EI equipment instead of the starter kit and my water purifier smeels eggy and off so might buy some fresh stuff as had years

Thanks dean

I have a ph reading device but not GH

Thanks Dean

Sorry to hear this Dean, it seems like you put a lot of effort in and do the right things but don't quite get the results for some weird reason.

If it was me I'd take it easy for a while and go low tech, you can still get it looking great if you concentrate on your hardscape, but get some less demanding plants like microsorums, anubias etc. Then you can sit back and just enjoy your tank and fish without worrying about all that other stuff.

Well james was thinking about that but even with my light on low the plants didnt grow and seemed to go thin and didnt look healthy at all thats the only problem

Dont really know too much about RO is there any threads on it ? I know lots of people do this and it could be a option cheers mate

Back