• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

60L Cube - My first scape

Woah! This looks absolute fantastic!

Really week done, you need to get some decent pics of this and enter this in to a comp next year.

Ps, any chance of uploading some pics at decent size?

Wow Ian! Thanks... I feel a little bit honoured right now :thumbup:

Really a comp? Hmm... never thought about it...
I can try to upload some pics to my DropBox and share the link...

Need to get a better cam :snaphappy:

Cheers,
Chris

Thank you ADA :thumbup:

A colleague of mine, will borrow me his DSLR... I'll take some more high res pics this weeks. My compact camera can't really catch the Details :(

Regards,
Chris

Thanks ADA :thumbup:

I'm still trying to play around with the aperture etc... to get it better... isn't the best Canon... but I'm sure it will get the job done ;)
I have some additional lights here, too... perhaps this will help to improve the image quality.

This was the best shot I could achieve yesterday...

29-07-14_Canon_zps0fdb065a.jpg

aaaand yes... it's indeed a blossom :D *Dance*

IMG_5196_zpsa85a0972.jpg

Cheers,
Chris

Last edited:
Ok, well... I think I'm getting there... need a tripod.... *argh*

02-08-14_web_zps5c0d239f.jpg

Had a small issue with CO2...:grumpy:
This damn Staurogyne repens is soooo unforgiving :banghead:

But apart from that, I'm quite surprised how well the Pogostemon Stellatus is growing.
I re-arranged some of the stems, so they fit better in the overall look and perspective.

Cheers,
Chris

Hi Ice, Ho I though That may have been the problem when i read your post. Sorry to hear about the Repens loss :(They may come back if they had good root growth ?
I was just reading a thread about Co2 running out the other day Great Stuff , So if you have a problem with the C02 running out and you are at home next time ;) Here's the link, Always handy to Know :)

http://www.ukaps.org/forum/threads/what-to-do-when-running-out-of-co2.34132/#post-364270

Ah well, she (I'll definitely call her a "she") recovered quite fast...
it's almost as dense as before the accident!

Thanks for the link! This will come in handy, the next time! :nurse:

Cheers,
Chris

Hi Rini,

yeah, I thought about this, too... the stems are disturbing the overall look a little bit... but if trimmed properly, they don't look so bad at all.
To be honest, I've been quite lazy with this scape recently. It needs a good trim @the weekend:

IMG_0613_zps384dceab.jpg

IMG_0609_zps41b0b44a.jpg

IMG_0617_zpsdc3ee813.jpg

IMG_0619_zps1cae75c5.jpg

IMG_0621_zpsdf302c4d.jpg

IMG_0606_zpsb1a0a99b.jpg

Cheers,
Chris

Last edited:
Back