• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Calling UP inline atomizer users

Ah- just saw the post is from 2013.

So the one you have is the 2014 model? Do you have a link?

Got it. Thanks a lot for all the advice. Going to be buying this one and fingers crossed it will be better than my current one!

Last edited:
Sorry for waking up an old topic!:(
I was just wondering where people get there inline atomizer from? I currently have the one from Co2Art the new version.
I can only get micro bubbles... I have cleaned, checked for leaks etc my reg pressure is at 3.5 bar. Still no difference..

I changed my atomizer onto the intake it seems ok although every so often it "burps" from the spray bar. The filter does not seen to make any noise from the propeller when it does.
I think this is a better way no where near as many bubbles as before...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I changed my atomizer onto the intake it seems ok although every so often it "burps" from the spray bar. The filter does not seen to make any noise from the propeller when it does.
I think this is a better way no where near as many bubbles as before...

Wonder who mentioned doing it this way first :p

Are there any problems associated with putting the diffuser on the intake to the filter?
Does it affect anything inside the filter?
It just seems that I can never get the balance right on the ph drop at lights on - whenever I do, the fish don't like it. So I am thinking the diffusion needs to be significantly improved if I am to achieve the goal. Am I right to make this change?

I think it has slightly.
The main reason I did this was I didn't like the continuous look of the micro bubbles so now only get them when it burps.
So I guess if there's less bubbles they must of been dissolved into the water column.

'if there's less bubbles they must of been dissolved into the water column'
Not really, you have less bubbles in your tank because some of the CO2 is collecting in your filter canister and 'burping' out large bubbles periodically. Complete waste of CO2. Your mixing CO2 with water and then it's coming out of solution again in your filter.
And before you all start slagging me off , saying so and so said it works/my plants are better, think about it with common sense and you should realise

No the bubbles are not "large" there micro as they would be if the atomizer was on the outlet.
"Coming out of solution" what do you mean?
Mine is effective that's all I no :)
Green dc and ph drop to what I want.

In your posts you used the word 'burps' I assume you mean that occasionally your filter expels a large bubble?
What do you think this bubble is made of ?
How do you think it got to be in your filter ?
Do you think the 'burped' out larger bubble is of any benefit to the tank or is it just wasting CO2 ?
I assume that the larger 'burped' out bubbles exit a spraybar/lily whatever, rise straight to the surface and dispel into the atmosphere = wasted
By 'coming out of solution' I meant by using an atomiser you are creating a solution of water and CO2 micro bubbles.
Some of the these micro bubbles collect in a filter canister and form together to make an increasingly larger bubble, which is expelled 'burped'
The remaining micro bubbles remain in solution and are circulated around your tank, because they are much smaller they don't rise to the surface as quickly thereby extending 'dwell time' and giving you the required result. Yes the drop checker is a lovely lime green and the pH drops as you desire but surely it is obvious that the same result could be achieved having the atomiser on the filter OUTLET and using less CO2 as ALL the CO2 is atomised into lovely silvery micro bubbles circulating around lush green flora. 'What you have got is what you have got' no more no less, If having an atomiser on the inlet = 1000 visible micro bubbles in tank and the occasional 'burp' you could have the atomiser on the outlet, reduce CO2 bubble rate until you have 1000 visible micro bubbles and no 'burp'
I don't doubt the method you have adopted is effective but it could be more efficient. Same end result less CO2 used.
#The 'burp' is a waste

I have said there bubbles are not "large" there micro.

I do apologise if infact the word "burped" was a large bubble only.

I have had them in both positions and I have found it is infact more efficient to have the atomizer on the intake.

Once again I apologise if I have used the word "burp" incorrectly

Just let everyone know...if you have a pre-filter or a sponge on your in-take pipe...it may cause flow problems which will affect the UP atomisers performance.
hoggie

Back