• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

adding a home made weir to our water feature.

kirk

Hi all some years ago I built a small water feature using some concete blocks and some old natural slate tiles removed from a floor. It been running for some years now and the weekend finally got round to sorting the weir that was in my mind. How it looked before....>

4evyjavy.jpg
slate cut ready.
se9a9uby.jpg
cut with a diamond blade on a 4 1/2" grinder.
abesuhu5.jpg
I used silicone to assemble it.
a2yda3u5.jpg
had to cut the top out a bit with the grinder to lower it a bit.

Reactions: tim
Not happy with with hight so I'll put another pic up a bit later when I've set it in a bit further and got it running again.
e3aguzu9.jpg
cheers kirk

Just finished lowering the weir( may stop me wanting a wee so often in the night when the windows are open.:D) grid cut to fit around the weir.
3ybybu6e.jpg
I used a bit of vasaline on a cloth to liven up the tyles too.

Closer shot, I've also cut a few slithers of tyle so I can create eddies, and hold the water back. My two boys will be playing micro poo stick later:D
ama3azag.jpg

Hi, good point but it's only trickling off the end. They seemed ok with current from the filter before I made the weir so fingers crossed all will be ok.:)

不错的 is Chinese for 'good' according to google translate :wideyed:

Kind of a teeny tiny rill you've made there. If the edge is perfect and the flow totally steady you can create a curtain of near laminar flow that is totally silent - no more midnight toilet runs ;)

It's not a perfect edge, most things I do/ make have the rustic look,....... Look good through one eye or from a distance. I will be having a fiddle now you say that. First I must make the kids bog frog pool quite it's making a racquet.

Back