• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Suitable LED for open top aquarium

Jake101

Hi,

Could you recommend decent options for LED lighting. The tank is 80x50x35 open top riparium style low-tech, naturally inspired by Alastair's Chocolate Puddle and Tom's Bucket O' Mud. The lights will be hanging about 1 m from the surface (so probably 60 degree lens is the right choice). I would guess that the controller is a must in order to adjust the lighting according the observations.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Hi jake, if it's low tech like the two myself and Tom did then you could get away with one of the smaller tmc tiles mounted at your suggested height on full power and have the single controller, or opt for a 1500 nd at the same height but have the lighting at a lower level to start with.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the answers. Those TMC tiles are interesting, though I read somewhere that at least some models make a high pitch noise when dimmed.

I might select only 1 tile in order to survive with 2 channel controller. I found TMC Aquaray Colour Plus LED 1000 -tile, that might be suitable. Or what do you think about 2 x Aquabar 500 strips?

I have 2 aquabar 500 over my tank which is 80x60x40cm high and they do the job. The dimmers are cheap too.

Thanks for the answers. Those TMC tiles are interesting, though I read somewhere that at least some models make a high pitch noise when dimmed.

I might select only 1 tile in order to survive with 2 channel controller. I found TMC Aquaray Colour Plus LED 1000 -tile, that might be suitable. Or what do you think about 2 x Aquabar 500 strips?

Here jake Pedro is selling tmc 400s for 30 pound. Bargain
http://www.ukaps.org/forum/index.php?posts/357250

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk 2

Back