• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Co2 Regulator with SMC needle valve.

GHNelson

Global Moderator
UKAPS Team
Hey there. Sounds like this is 'the one'. Karol, will you sell this needle valve separately in the future? I guess I would need some kind of adapter for the 1/8" NPT port on my regulator?

Hello,

We designed adapter with build in check valve for SMC valves. It will go over your existing needle valve (M10x1) so not need for sealing connection in your regulator. Very simple installation + high quality check valve.

I'm expecting to have everything ready for sale early next week.

I'll keep you posted.

Hi Crew
Been tempted for a while to try this Regulator....http://www.co2art.co.uk/collections...l-stage-regulator-and-solenoid-magnetic-valve
So ordered one today...although i have 2 JBLs...what I've read that this needle valve is very precise.
Plus i ordered another few goodies..
So will let you all know how the Regulator performs end of next week.
Cheers
hoggie
Hi Hoggie,

I wanted to know if your are happy with this reg ? I have to buy a new one because my JBL reg is dead, and also wanted a better reg than the JBL.
Did you take the reg with the SMC needle valve ?

thanks mate

Hi. I have recently bought this, and am in the process of messing around with it, testing etc. I notice that when you turn the needle valve, it takes a while from turning, to affect the rate of bubbles going through the bubble counter. I know that this is to be expected, but just wondered if there was a recommended amount of time to wait from turning the needle valve to observing the change/effect? Or a recommended formula for the amount of time to wait for the bubble rate going through the bubble counter to stabilise to the new needle valve setting per metre of co2 tubing? At the moment I'm struggling as I keep over/ under adjusting the needle. Also, I'm using with a 2.5kg FE. What is the recommended setting for the main regulator valve? Eg the blue one? Thanks in advance :)

Good afternoon,

Firstly, I am sorry for the late reply.

Regarding your question about the needle valve it is all depends what kind of diffuser you use and if this is the first time set up or not.

For example if you using bazooka diffusers it will takes longer to build the right amount of working pressure. Also you should set the working pressure slightly higher for the first time to force the CO2 to push through the bazooka and after few minutes lower it. To answer your question I will wait few seconds before I adjust the SMC valve again.
Please note that the bubble rate might change next day when the CO2 switch on (if this is first time set up). If this happen please adjust the bubble rate back whatever you require for your set up. The bubble rate should stay as you set it up. Also please note if the bubble rate is changing all the time, most likely you have leaks somewhere.
If this is happening please check every connection for leaks.

Regarding the working pressure setting, again it is depends on the diffuser you using (or how many), however 3 bar (43psi) It is always safe.

Hi Miroslav, so given that I am using the 16/22 up atomizer, what should I set the working pressure to? Like I said. I'm using your Ultimate Complete Aquarium CO2 System for planted tank up to 500L

Hi Miroslav, so given that I am using the 16/22 up atomizer, what should I set the working pressure to? Like I said. I'm using your Ultimate Complete Aquarium CO2 System for planted tank up to 500L

Good afternoon,

I am really sorry for such a late reply I am not sure why no one get back to you.

2-2.5 bar :)

Yes this is correct thank you very much for the help.

Back