• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hello

Gas man

Seedling
Evening all my name is dan and I am based in Surrey. I have kept fish for the past 30 years and in my time have kept pretty much everything you could imagine. I am shutting down my full blown marine reef tank and setting up a tropical planted tank so I look forward to picking your brains for all the best ideas. All the best Dan.

Cheers greenfinger2 I hope to pick up as much info as possible from all you clever chaps and chapses.I need to find out about lights and substrate first off all.

Cheers greenfinger2 I hope to pick up as much info as possible from all you clever chaps and chapses.I need to find out about lights and substrate first off all.

Welcome to ukaps Dan. Nice to see another salty turn fresh :)
I had a quick discussion on Facebook when I'd posted a picture of a current set up and had a salty say they didn't see the point or attraction of planted tanks just get a marine tank instead but recently there seems to be more turning fresh which must mean something :D

Before you find out about light and substrate your much better reading up on co2 flow and Fertilisers first. Lighting isn't as important as initially thought.

Good luck and look forward to seeing a possible journal started.

Cheers alastair I am already pretty sure that I will either use JBL or the TMC co2 unit and introduce it via my return pump from my sump. I was just wondering what to do with my light as I have three AI Vegas that can be tuned up or down to what ever spectrum I require or weather it's better to sell them as they are worth about a £1000 and then buy some thing more suited to a planted tank. I also have a ten tube t5 unit that I can use and just use may be 6 of the tubes on that that would give me about 4watts per gallon on my system. My tank is 26" deep as well so I think I would need 6 tubes do you?[DOUBLEPOST=1403345969][/DOUBLEPOST]That being said if you think there is a better way of introducing co2 to my system let me know. Cheers Dan.

Back