• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Lily Pipe for internal pump?

ourmanflint

I am not happy with the flow in my 40cm cube, it's an aquanano, so has three compartments at the back, and I have added an extra pump outlet about 10cm above substrate level. I use a 650L per hour pump at low level, at first I just allowed the pump to work as normal, so flow was directed straight to front of tank, but was too strong, so I connected it up to a 12mm Eheim spraybar at surface level.
But now I am not happy with flow from spraybar either, still too directional in such a small space, so I was wondering about fitting a lily pipe and connecting it to my pump outlet, but all the ones I've seen are strictly for use with canisters so designed to hang over glass rather than fix inside it.
Any ideas??

Cheers

Rod

Funny you should say that as I saw the same thing whilst trawling through google. It's not ideal but it might do. I've also realised that I could use a traditional lily pipe and hang it over the compartment top. Might require some jiggling of my pump for correct position but it should work I hope.

Cheers

Hi Ed
I have drilled the holes twice now making them bigger, but you're right I could add more in different areas. It's worth trying anyway so I'll give it a go tomorrow to see how it it changes flow.
Thanks

Interesting! I' m not overly familiar with fabricating with acrylic, but will look into it.
Thanks

I ended up cutting out the back compartments of my Aquanano 40 and just using an external filter with spray bar.

Back