• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Doug

Hello all

I began Fishkeeping over 30 years ago - up until last year, I kept marines, got a bit disillusioned and got rid of everything. Realised recently that I miss it.

So have decided to get back into it but this time focus on aquascaping and some fish to compliment.

I have the artistic skills of a newt and am in awe of the stunning tanks of members on this forum - truly inspirational.

Currently doing a lot of reading...... But will be going for a 350-400litre tank, CO2 and EI ( when I understand it!).

Lots to learn and hopefully will get lots of help from members on here - I will need it!

Exciting and daunting in equal measures.....

Doug

Hi Doug, welcome to UKAPS. 400 litres is going to be impressive. Lots of friendly and brilliant advice to be found on here for larger tanks ... My little baby tank is ten times smaller and keeps me on my toes!

go big or go home :D Just wish I had the room and wasn't one a water meter. The only thing I would say with a tank that size is make sure you understand lighting, EI and CO2 before setup. Well at least have the basic concepts down. Everyone that joins and sticks around learns a lot.

Hi Doug, welcome to the forum. Looking forward to your journal. I am devoid of any artistic skill or creativity myself, so my plan is to copy tanks I enjoy observing/following on here, and hope, in time, to develop an artistic eye :D

Hi Doug, welcome to the forum. Looking forward to your journal. I am devoid of any artistic skill or creativity myself, so my plan is to copy tanks I enjoy observing/following on here, and hope, in time, to develop an artistic eye :D
yep same as maple best of luck and welcome :)

Back