• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
How much would it cost to import Ewoks? Could I pay extra and have Han and Chewy deliver them personally?

Could I pay extra and have Han and Chewy deliver them personally?

As it has been nearly 30 years since Luke has used the force and Han has used the Falcon, both are a little rusty. So when Han asked for help with the rusty Falcon door and Luke had to resort to 'Open Sesame' to open it Han ended up in hospital.......so

Chewy maybe, Han not until he's recuperated!

:)

(Ps. Get well soon Han!)

As it has been nearly 30 years since Luke has used the force and Han has used the Falcon, both are a little rusty. So when Han asked for help with the rusty Falcon door and Luke had to resort to 'Open Sesame' to open it Han ended up in hospital.......so

Chewy maybe, Han not until he's recuperated!

:)

(Ps. Get well soon Han!)
That made me giggle :clap::clap:

massive piping for a massive tank
Certainly is Martin. Think I just about did the right length too. Any shorter and it would possibly be spitting out bubbles. It's even got bio balls inside now too..
Yup, good job.
Thanks ed. I'm quite please with the acrylic.. It's nice to see the churning of the co2.

Can you link the adhesive please mate?
Sure will mate I'll edit this post when I find the receipt from who I got it. It has definitely done the trick. Welded solid.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk 2

Finally got co2 where it's needed and plants are doing really well now. Flow is spot on now with additional powerheads and the flow from the external pump running the reactor.
Bba has almost gone too and all inhabitants look very happy. Finally the tank is coming along to where I wanted it.
I'm now doing 2 x 50 percent water changes a week to keep ontop of the detritus that collects amongst all the foliage and light substrate vacs, trims etc. Anubias are all happy as they're all sending out flowers.
There were more chocolate Gouramis put in and also some Sphaerichthys vaillanti or the vaillanti gourami which look beautiful but are quite shy.
Here's one of the little guys from the day after introduction
7a5ubu4e.jpg

Purposefully taken in a aftermarket app to add colour to the whole picture lol.

And two have made a definite pair, and seem to be creating a bubble nest under some water lettuce. Must be happy as one has begun changing to magnificent colouring. Have lots of photos of the tank on my camera that I'll upload next week.
Just awaiting some more choccos and 12 more vaillanti and fish wise then I'm done.

Will update with photos soon thanks everyone so far for the kind feedback. I can't wait to see how it looks in another month or two time now it's kicking in

So how many sp. of choco do you have in here mate?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

So how many sp. of choco do you have in here mate?

Just two variants currently Ali. The vaillanti are different too In that the male is the one who does all the egg/fry carrying. I've currently got 3 baby licorice gourami that have survived after being looked after from their dad which to be honest I'm really happy about given the sheer amount of other fish in their and the fact the eggs tend to get fungus. Oh and a female chocco who's currently got a mouthful oo err. I'll need to start covering the powerheads with sponge for when they appear as they stay at the surface for a month.

I've just started to add Easylife's 'Catappa X' to the tank which has made a big difference to them. It's completely clear in the tank yet still has all the benefits of the leaves etc.
Ph has shifted just a little but it's 5.6 during co2 anyway but colours of the Paros and choccos has really deepened. Brilliant product.... Seriously good stuff

Ah not come across that one but I have to say I've been impressed with all easylifes products that I have used so far.

I'm a big fan of vaillanti the colours can be so beautiful!!

Ah not come across that one but I have to say I've been impressed with all easylifes products that I have used so far.

I'm a big fan of vaillanti the colours can be so beautiful!!

I've never used the easylife range until recently but really impressed with it.

Agreed. Once these have matured a little I'm sure I'll see much more colour. Just wish my local MA orders would arrive

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk 2

I've been meaning to join this site for awhile, now, having just read this entire blog, seems like as good a time as any :)

This tank is awe inspiring, when I move house I'm hoping to set up a tank that will be even half as lovely as this. I have some practising to do in the meantime!

If you don't mind me asking, where do you get your plants from? I'm always looking for more places in Manchester to explore and throw money at :p

Sorry for such a long delay, I've been quite busy lately so not had chance to update this.

The tank is looking really well, however even though sad news, at the same time it's good news.

I've decided to move house purely for space purposes, and a future bigger project later next year in the pipeline, so sadly this tank is being stripped down.
It will also make it so much easier to take photos and have zero reflection interfering.

There will be a new journal for it starting in September with a completely different scape, something more amano style on a big scale, and new equipment.

I'll be using Kessils new e series freshwater tunas for lighting too on the biggie :)
Jeremy Gay was over yesterday discussing my big project for next year and loaned me one of the older Kessils on this tank and the lighting was absolutely phenomenal so I'm sure the new e series Kessils will be out of This world. I've spoken to rob at j n k aquatics as they are the sole importer for Kessil and They will be available very soon.

The choccos paros etc will be going in a lovely NA set up from ady, and will be set up to imitate their natural habitat. But with some scaping to it. A few however will be relocating all the way up to Scotland to lindy.

I will get some photos added later of how the tank was looking up until yesterday, but just wanted to say a really really big thank you to everyone who has shown so much interest in this journal, and the amount of comments and sheer number of views the journal has had is amazing.

Also a great thanks to unipac for supplying me direct with the Samoa sand and petrified wood.

I look forward to getting it going again in a few weeks time and hopefully creating something even half as good as the likes of stu worral ady, George and Mr Crawford.

Thanks everyone :)

Last edited:
My mum would say you've got ants in your pants mate :p

It's a shame not to see this one fully mature but I guess that would be a year or so.
However your aspirations will certainly be our gain and can't imagine what the new one will be like.... No doubt a whole new level of scaping!

Can't wait!

Looking forward to the next project, still waiting to see what you managed in the lake.
I am sure with the experience of the lake your next one will be great, i do think larger tanks work in a different way compared to smaller ones, so this will have been a usefull in between.
I have wondered the last year if i could start realy fresh how a new tank would look.
Well good luck with the move!

Ed

My mum would say you've got ants in your pants mate :p

I dont care what he got in he's undies - he said 1,400 litres of 'something more amano style' :wideyed: :dead:
need to lie down for a bit.......

Good on you for the (usual) generosity mate. Cant wait.....

Back