• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Dual stage CO2 regulators for Aquaria- CO2 Art?

If I'm honest I bought a CO2 Art 'Dual Stage' and I'm not totally convinced it is Dual stage.
Maybe they could open one up and show us the internals.

As far as I'm aware, true dual stage regulators cost hundreds of pounds. Many dual gauge regulators are wrongly advertised as dual stage. I'd be suspicious of any "dual stage" regulator available for less than £100.

Diy about £110 with a good quality reg and solenoid. So under £100 is possible for a cheap aquatic dual stage reg
1DA01BFF-B9A5-4E78-A4EA-0A760475F686_zpshaoo3pwx.jpg

1E6E0E58-107B-4CF7-B70E-83D90646DFB5_zpsdrww1me1.jpg

The first stage is the bit on the back with caution written on it
And the second stage is the big shiny bit with the big black knob for adjustment.

If I'd bought a regulator described as 'dual stage' from CO2 Art at such a low price, I would email them and ask for confirmation that what I'd bought was indeed dual-stage.

Do you agree with this statement ,

Generally speaking, I do not support the use of solenoids. Not because they are not a good IDEA, but because they are failure-prone, often resulting in dead fish. Not worth the risk in my opinion

Sent from my RM-914_eu_euro1_327 using Tapatalk

I ran my bottle right out, what happened to the EOTD?:wideyed:
EOTD only tends to occur with cheap single stage regulators. I have a CO2Supermarket single stage regulator and as the tank pressure falls, when empty, the bubble rate just starts falling off until when tank is 15bar odd, bubbles just stop. No EOTD.

In answer to

John P Coates
I needed a new reg and got a lot for my money from CO2 Art who give excellent customer service. I didn't really expect it to be a 'proper' Dual stage reg at that price. All that matters is that i don't get EOTD, and I will avoid allowing the tank pressure to drop to low, so only time will tell. If i want a proper hairy balls Dual stage reg then I expect to pay a lot more than £50. I have a kind of fetish for the Custom/high end Dual stages for sale @Barr report Trades,swaps and sales but I just can't justify paying that much for a CO2 regulator to run one tank. If I had multiple planted tanks maybe.
Like my mum says, 'I've got champagne tastes but only beer money' and i do like the best kit.
It seems to me there is a lot of over information/myth surrounding CO2 problems put out there.

John S
The reg is similar in size/design to other single stage regs that are available/I've owned and I can't see there being two diaphragms in the CO2 Art reg. But I'm happy to be proved wrong by someone who knows more than I do (which ain't much) Either way I'm happy with the CO2 Art reg and the service I've received from them. And yes the working pressure is adjustable (blue dial on front of reg body) as well as fine adjustment with a needle valve.

It's possible that the best option is an electronic CO2 metering device, such as the 'Carbon Doser' from aquariumplants.com. You pays your money you makes your choice.

Last edited:
Hello all,

I can confirm that this is dual stage regulator. It does have 2 chambers from high pressure to mid pressure then to low pressure,which is more stable than one stage regulator.

I'll try to organise drawings for you.

Thanks!
Karol

There we go guys- the confirmation we've been waiting for.

Very impressive price for a dual stage.

Thanks Karol

Hello all,

I can confirm that this is dual stage regulator. It does have 2 chambers from high pressure to mid pressure then to low pressure,which is more stable than one stage regulator.

I'll try to organise drawings for you.

Thanks!
Karol
Hi Karol...drawings would be useful.

I bought one of these 4 months ago from CO2Art and have found it to be a really good bit of kit for the money. I had an initial problem with the unit buzzing when energised but this was soon sorted out by dismantling the cover on the actuator pin and stretching the spring a little to give more tension (top tip from the helpful people at CO2Art). Control of bps seems to be fine with needle valve allowing good adjustment - i have not had to adjust settings for 3 months. Coupled this with a bazooka type diffuser and the whole thing seems to be very efficient (soda stream bottle still going strong after 4 months but it is a small tank). Compared to using one of the 95g disposable cartridge type units i initially used this new setup is 1000% better I think. Planning to buy another for my next tank.

I've just run an FE completely dead on mine and no problems at all :)

Back