• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Crystal River Shore

Stunning tank really admire this amazing scape something to aim towards

Thanks Dean

You should be proud my friend, it a fabulous creation.

Now with stems rising behind the wood, it should be pretty perfect.:thumbup:

Thank you Hamza ,

On this week update you can see the stems coming real thick on the back ;)

Stunning tank really admire this amazing scape something to aim towards

Thanks Dean

Thank you for your words Dean,

We are really glad you all have the time to keep on following our project ;)

And here it goes 72 days from start-up

Plants are super healthy, but no pink/red color on the Rotundifolia, I'm thinking on changing the the Traces from TNC Trace (EDTA) to KramerDrak (EDTA, HEEDTA, DTPA, NTA)

KramerDrak: http://www.drak.de/en/freshwater/fertilizer/kramerdrak.html

20,980 mg/l potassium, 3,440 mg/l magnesium, 1,875 mg/l iron, 715 mg/l manganese, 92 mg/l copper, 80 mg/l zinc, 70 mg/l boron, 43 mg/l molybdenum, 25 mg/l cobalt, 6.6 mg/l lithium, 6.5 mg/l vanadium, 6.3 mg/l aluminium, 6.3 mg/l nickel, 6 mg/l selenium, 5.3 mg/l tin, EDTA, HEEDTA, DTPA, NTA, ascorbic acid, methyl paraben, benzoic acid

Anyone has expereinced with it ??

Here goes this week photos with two new additions a colony of CRS and other of RCS Sakura

13947065628_e2f9c798a9_o.jpg
Detail - CRS

14130446051_236e1e044f_o.jpg
Detail - RCS Sakura

14133692645_59cb9ea913_o.jpg
Geral - Day 72

Hi Nuno and Claire,
just one word: fantastic! :clap:
Your plant's are super, why did you changed your fertilization?
My R. Rotundifolia always turn green when i change something in the tank, but shortly become pink (the top new leaves) again.
Cheers,
tiago

Hi Tiago,

Good hearing from you how's everything there ??

Thank you for your words, It's getting there day by day ...

As for ferts I haven't changed yet, I will make an order the coming week or so if you want some ''Bucephalandras'' give me a call maybe we can share posting costs, I've been reading a lot and always searching ways to develop my ferts regime further ...

Once you have light and Co2 figured out , it's time to play with the ferts :happy:

As you know I try to do my ferts mixing according to EI levels, but I also like to give for example Nitrogen from different sources ;), and supplementing my regime with Ca and Mg and so one ...

So this led me thinking and reading a lot more about Fe and Traces, I've subscribed for Barr's Report member area, and ''There's a whole new world out there'' :wacky:

So I think that different plant species might use more successfully different types of Fe and Traces and just maybe that Iron chelators have a role here to ...

The one that I'm using for the last years is EDTA Fe 13% - TNC Trace (Fe 8.4% (EDTA), Mn 1.82% (EDTA), Zn 1.16% (EDTA), B 1.05%, Cu 0.23% (EDTA), Mo 0.15%)

The new Trace/Iron Mix that I want to try has:
potassium, magnesium, iron, manganese, copper, zinc, boron, molybdenum, cobalt, lithium, vanadium, aluminium, nickel, selenium, tin, and Iron from different chelators EDTA, HEEDTA, DTPA, NTA,

As you can see it's very complete in terms of trace elements, and has 4 different Iron chelators/sources ...

I'll keep the Fe levels the same but it will be highly supplemented with other sources and specially other traces that were out of the equation :) aiming for 0.2ppm Fe daily as until now .

I hope that the red's will pop out this way ... If not it will be just other experience, and will have that for the record ...

I was hopping for some debate/opinions about this here on UKAPS :D

Last edited:
This has really started to come into its own guys, how long do you think you will maintain it?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

This has really started to come into its own guys, how long do you think you will maintain it?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Hi aliclarke,

It's getting there alright, no real plans on re-scaping this one soon, maybe we will maintain it for 1-2 years or so ;)

Reactions: tim
That's a beautiful full tank shot, very dark and moody. I likey

Love it! really inspiring tank :clap: Couldn't even conceptualise it in my mind let alone grow such a beautiful tank...

That's a beautiful full tank shot, very dark and moody. I likey

Thank you Alje,

The photo lacks a bit of exposure as part of the lamps were off, but I liked the result and had to share it with you guys...

Love it! really inspiring tank :clap: Couldn't even conceptualise it in my mind let alone grow such a beautiful tank...

Hi Maple,

When I look at the first photos I've took on the start-up, It's incredible how it grown, everything is really healthy, and up to our expectations.

Thank you for your support and kind words :happy:

And three months have passed,

The last trim was made a bit late, and we are now seeing if the back plants grow until the end of the week to send a good photo for the IAPLC 2014

So here it is with 91 days :D

14277769674_89d077749b_o.jpg
Geral Day - 91

Nuno, very, very good :)
Montecarlo seems to be great.
It's really wonderful how plants grow healphy when all is good and the aquarist is able to keep a good maintenance schedule.

Only One thing: maybe some more trim on the Hydrocotyle, don't you think?

Nuno, very, very good :)
Montecarlo seems to be great.
It's really wonderful how plants grow healphy when all is good and the aquarist is able to keep a good maintenance schedule.

Only One thing: maybe some more trim on the Hydrocotyle, don't you think?

Hi there Pedro,

Thank you for your words ...

This layout is really giving us great joy to take care of ;)

The MC is an awesome plant, really easy to grow and looks stunning ...

Has for the Hydrocotyle it will have a final trim before the photo session ... The same with the mosses ...

Feel free to pass by and come see it, maybe you can give us a help on the shoot out :)

Hi Lee,

Knowing means remember.
And, therefore, all life is a process of reconstruction.
Siza Vieira (Portuguese Architect) likes to say, "in architecture, no one invents anything it's just other way to say the same." ;)

Norbert Sabat's - The Tree is one of my favorite layout's, just to hear someone say that ours has some resembles it's a great compliment :happy:

Still a long way to go, to have the sense of scale and harmony that Norbert and other top notch scapers have when mounting new layouts.
But step by step we hope to evolve and learn as much as we can ...

For now I think we've menage to do a good looking tank and the plants are super healthy, so we are on the right path, I think :D

Back