• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

TMC Signature - First planted tank

Glad to see everything is improving on this stunning layout.Keep us informed.
Best of luck!
agree with other comments coming along nicely and keep updates coming :)
Thank you for your kind comments, I really appreciate it! :)

Cheers,
José[DOUBLEPOST=1397510266][/DOUBLEPOST]Hey everyone,

Here’s a short update. Today was cleaning/maintenance day. I also did a little trimming. Hope you like it! :)

I’ve been fighting with algae. Every other day I must clean the glass or else it gets completely green. Could it be too much fertiliser? The CO2 levels are still around 30mg/L and the photoperiod is still 6h. Tomorrow I’ll be testing to help figure out the problem and I’ll post an update with the results.

I would also like to know if there’s any way to prevent tenellus from expanding outside of its area or should I just keep trimming the new sprouts.

Cheers,
José

Day 45 - 14.04.2014
Aqua_Day45A.jpg

Aqua_Day45B.jpg

Last edited:
Hi guys,

Here is a quick update. Still fighting with algae, trying to adjust the fertilisers to solve that issue. Glass goes completely green every two days as you can see in the pictures from day 53.

The other pictures were taken today after another complete maintenance and water change. 4 hours afterwards the glass was already turning green.

Cheers,
José

Day 53 - 22.04.2014

Aqua_Day53A.jpg

Aqua_Day53B.jpg

Day 56 - 25.04.2014

Aqua_Day56A.jpg

Aqua_Day56B.jpg

Aqua_Day56C.jpg

Aqua_Day56D.jpg

Aqua_Day56E.jpg

Yes, too much light will be the problem. You could up your co2 but you'd risk gassing your fish and shrimp so i'd lower the light.

Its light, ferts will not cause algae, if you can't lower light intensity you will have to match with a co2 increase and then probably ferts increase. How long has this been running now? I find at about 3 months I get a breakout of algae if I have too much light.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Get some liquid carbon or h2o2 and spot dose it on the bba, it won't go away on its own but if its under control you can kill it and no more will grow

I would turn your filter off dose on the bba and leave it a few minutes before change :)

Back