• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

best co2 injection for 2-3 ft tanks, direct into externals or spread bubbles?

spaceage99

Seedling
i have several tanks mostly 2-3 ft and have been using small diffusers but it seems certain plants are not doing as well as those near diffusers..What is the general opinion on directly injecting into externals hoses for best results??
Also i have smaller tanks that are not co2 but looking to start adding would they be best with diffusers(bubble type) with the sponge fed systems they run, some with small internals?
thanks

As Clive says "flow is the king!" As long as u get good flow which brings ur well dissolved co2 all over the tank u fine. I connect hoses directly to pumps and adjust the stream of co2 very fine bubbles bellow filters outcomes,so it keeps co2 in and distributes it further all over the tank. Sometimes quite tricky to find space for a pump among fragile plants but its worth the hassle. I believe traditional diffusers r ok too, using one from nutrifin diy kit. What matters it's the flow really. Good luck P

Sent from my HTC One mini using Tapatalk

I was using a ceramic/glass diffuser never thought I was getting great distribution.
I could literally see the one side of the tank near the diffuser, the plants were doing really well.
Furthest point away, it was algae ridden and no noticeable growth.

Fitted an in-line a month ago. and WOW! Such a difference. Everything has taken off. Definitely recommended, plus no clutter in the tank

Back