• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

A few problems with co2.

Hi,
Thanks for your sympathy,I know it sounds funny but I've always been a very careful and loving fishkeeper,I have kept fancy goldfish,marines,Koi and always looked after their wellbeing to the best of my ability,my fish usually die of old age.I introduced co2 because I wanted to improve the growth of my plants and cut back on algae,well I don't know if this was going to happen but since adding co2 I have lost 1 Betta,4 Cardinals and 6 Harlequins.Now I find that quite hard to take on board and I have since decided that I would rather have a tank with some hair algae and plants that sometimes struggle to grow than seeing my fish dying.

Thank you for trying to help but I'm quite looking forward to going back to my uncomplicated,low tech,algae infested happy tank.

Vaz,
I am going to put the lot on Gumtree as a full system,hoping to get £65,it's only about 3 weeks old so I'm hoping to get half my money back.

Hi,
Thanks for your sympathy,I know it sounds funny but I've always been a very careful and loving fishkeeper,I have kept fancy goldfish,marines,Koi and always looked after their wellbeing to the best of my ability,my fish usually die of old age.I introduced co2 because I wanted to improve the growth of my plants and cut back on algae,well I don't know if this was going to happen but since adding co2 I have lost 1 Betta,4 Cardinals and 6 Harlequins.Now I find that quite hard to take on board and I have since decided that I would rather have a tank with some hair algae and plants that sometimes struggle to grow than seeing my fish dying.

Thank you for trying to help but I'm quite looking forward to going back to my uncomplicated,low tech,algae infested happy tank.

Sometimes I thinking about to go back to low tech as well... Not so hig bills for electricity, no deficiency, yeast CO2 and so on :) It has some magic in it I can tell that :)

However It is very nice that you know fish are more important as plants :) Like my barbs... I love them but I can tell you when they nipping my plants or I come back from work and see plants flowting on surface I wan to flush them down the toilet :p

Hope you will have more luck in future mate :)

Vaz

ceg4048

ceg4048 explains it in this thread help-fish-being-gassed

Plants are nice but I'm only doing this to make the fish happy, Why just do the weekly EI dosing low light low tech method suggested by Tom Barr.

EnderUK,
Thanks for your suggestions,I'm going to give the EI dosing a try as a lot of people swear by it,I'll try anything to get my tank looking as good as yours mate!

Back