• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Air bubbles in Eheim external

Well good news for you, at least they are honnest!

To be fair, I think you're just unlucky. I use JBL since about two months and no problem at all.

Pretty sure Eheim is just as reliable, maybe just the odd one you add then.

Reagrds

They're a good bunch of lads and they always match internet prices too,I think they were pretty surprised that it was a genuine fault on the filter that they couldn't fix.

Think you've just got a rogue 350. I've got two of them and they run excellently.

Well that's good to hear,certainly a nice looking filter and of sturdy build,pretty damned hard to get the fittings onto the tubing but once it's there it 'aint going nowhere.

Thanks for that John,once I have a working one,:lol:,well it should be tomorrow.They'll either ring me up and tell me they've sorted it or they're going to replace it,one way or the other I will have a '350' filtering my tank.

All the reviews say that this is a first class filter so I'm looking forward to getting it up and running.

Well guys it's 'red face' day today.:oops:
I got a phone call this morning from my friend at the lfs telling me that as they couldn't sort it out they would issue me with a replacement filter.When we arrived a there to pick it up he informed me as they were draining it down he checked the media baskets,in one of them I had forgotten to remove the bag from the media and it was not allowing a proper flow hence the rattling.

No damage was done,(except to my pride),and the filter is running superbly,quietest I have ever had.
Just goes to prove that we can all make silly mistakes,I have kept fish for over 50 years and I obviously still have a lot to learn.

I also run two of them and they are great filters you can not beat the flow.

I agree,turned mine down slightly as my Corys have become so active there're stirring up the sand a bit and it's keeping it suspended,great to see ALL the plants swaying in the current.

Back