• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

ADA 60fs Last Chance

my quote button does nothing anyone else have this problem ? I live near Newcastle mate

going to get the normal ada aqua soil not sure weather to get African or Amazonia or Malaya will look at the colours shortly,went terrible in my tank as seen in pics but hopefully better luck this time ;) also going to get 5kg more mini landscaping rock
been looking at 60cm scapes all day lol love the simplicity of this one
"Serenity Peak" Final Tank Shot | UK Aquatic Plant Society
but I want a few plant varietys love iains aswel stunning colours and I cannot make mind up to go high tech or have just 2 species of plant and dose liquid carbon and EI I want fast growth so most likely high, also here is my filter media as starting a fresh would you change it for anything different of has tubes then blue sponge then balls and white cloth/sponge lol will post underneath and also the light unit is a Hagen glo unit it's 2 year old and got second hand would you bother changing light bulbs or not ?

qajyzy7y.jpg

Thanks Dean

That's hell of a lot more media then I have in my aquamanta efx 400 lol ....,
I think I have one sponge and a handful of Alfa grog and 4 scrubbies ...
Go for Ada Amazonia mate to be honest you'll probably be covering it all with plants /carpet plants etc unless you use sand for the foreground .
I use it and I won't use any other substrate again :)

Sent from my mobile telecommunications device

lol :rolleyes: belive it or not it was about half that but just cleaned out old cabinet drawers and emptied back in to get it out the way so will empty back out when I get tank, is that fine thugh don't need any other type of media or anything in baskets ?
filter says max 700lph that should do for 60p shouldn't it ? (will also have skim 350 for flow)and thanks sam will go for that Ada Amazonia,only want 2 plant types or 3 want a carpet some blyxa japonica and not sure would you go with co2 ?

Blyxa is a co2 whore, not sure how it does with LC but low tech it's a bit gangly and sorry for itself.
Co2 all the way, makes carpets easier and blyxa lush.

cheers Iain I am sure I will need ur expertise during this and very grateful for it along with everyone elses still loads questions aswel before everything ordered

not necessarily getting ADA most likely do-aqua I think mate what substrate would you recommend instead if ADA aqua soil ?

Ignore the terrible scaping, but this is 57 days from a nearly bare tank in inert molar clay (cheaper than chips) with EI dosing and a few plant granules under the surface. Really don't think substrate makes that much difference. Much better to spend money on more plants at the outset and ramming the thing full of so much CO2 you can hardly believe it.

12038614285_f81702d491_b.jpg

I'd also go for a nicely siliconed tank. After you've had something so beautifully made, a horrid silicone seam is just nasty. And it will bug you permanently!

thanks mate I know keep looking at 60p and thinking to myself should I go ADA or Do!aqua lol still not 100% but the Do!aqua ones look great to be honest on the few pics iv seen, going to take time with next scape as want it right, anyone know the difference from the up aqua inline diffuser to the super diffuser is that meant to be a better model ?

Dean

I think inline atomizers are the king of their kind and the only competitor is a reactor ( or of corse directly into the filter ) ,
Try a reactor matey

Inlines are fool proof IMO . But I think most people get great results from all kinds of different diffuser/atomizers and reactors , I'd say choose what you think you should and work it from there . ;)

Sent from my mobile telecommunications device

Re the choice between ada amazonia and africana, I have both and much prefer the colour of the africana. The only time I got the dusty mud was when I did a full rescape with a steep bank and the dust seeped through to the front and lowest point while filling. I found topping it with some spare substrate worked fine. I move plants around and find if I leave the filter running while I do it any dust in the water clears quickly. I have a carpeting plant growing at the front and its doing well. I think africana does compact a bit so it can be quite difficult to take plants out that have rooted well. In contrast the amazonia is harder but I've not rescaped the tank its in since putting it in. I can move plants about with no problems.
If reusing africana I'd syphon it out of the tank into a sieve so you are not crushing it and then dry it in the oven spread out on an oven tray.

Back