• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

No amano shrimp anywhere

Fezlar

Seedling
hi,

I live in Hampshire/W.Sussex/Surrey borders and I am looking for some amano shrimp to go in my tank.

No one has any for miles and they don't know when they are going to get new stock.....why is it that there are no shrimp about?

Could anyone enlighten me???

Sushi bars are opening all over the uk:D

I asked the same thing the other day...there doesn't seem to be any anywhere. Well, there is unless you're prepared to pay £4 a shrimp!

I can check with an importer I know on Monday as I'm curious now.:)

I've tried several places and none have any, its been a couple of months now I think since I last saw some. There might be a break in the supply chain somewhere....

I know I was getting 6 for a tenner a year ago as now.

Maybe the sales of more colourful shrimp, and the likes of the cherry shrimp breeding really easily has had an impact on trade?

usually around this time these shrimps are out for 2 months. probably because of the local weather condition where they catch it. since all of these shrimps are import ones!
so you're right they are fully missed from the market in the past months, but they are coming back now slowly. by the end of the month the supply chain will work the same as before.

MA Woking has plenty, went there this morning ,might not be too far from you.
6for £12.50 I seem to recall which seemed quite cheap to me.

Maybe obvious but did you check for Yamato shrimp?

Back