• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

H´s optiwhite hightech

The main issue with drilling holes is the lack of flexibility, more often than not you need to move returns around to match the scape.

I use sumps on most of my tanks & tend to cut out an overflow slot rather than drill a hole!

There is one safe return configuration that always works.. it is a spray bar, so I often drill a single 25mm hole in the middle back pane, about 30mm down (centre) & use a T to feed a spray bar. However I cant seem to get clear 25mm Ts anymore so the last one I drilled in the side.
Of course marine tanks often have mutable returns & twin overflows but I still prefer to cut a slot & keep return holes away fro the bottom!
Drilling a hole is a commitment, unfortunately the hole is rarely in the right place once you get to know your tank.

The tank was delivered a few Days ago, from Portugal.
20131209_151238.jpg

Heres a few pics of the Silicon works and the edges.
img_9882.jpg

img_9860.jpg

img_9871.jpg

img_9878.jpg

I so wish I was at least a little bit good at DIY, nice looking stand and nice tank !

thanks mates.

Yes im really satisfied with the tank. especially the grinding of all edges. top notch!

The pices to the stand is not yet sawn, so this will wait to after christmas and new year aswell.

more pics will follow as im progressing.

H.

Looks great H , love the NA tanks they look so well put together and neat, looking forward to this one mate

Thanks Dean

Before santa comes, I took the opportunity to do the fist aquascape in the optiwhite tank.

I am testing the DSM (dry start method) we'll see where it unfolds. No soil or sand this time, the lights are low tech, with a light strength of one candela.

aquascape-merrychristmas.jpg

Merry christmas every scaper! Eat well and keep your skin tensioned.

H.

Well. Now, I've actually gone down and looked at the MDF pile that is going to become a bench to my optiwhite tank, they are cut and ready to be glued when ever i get time to build it.

But I'm figuring on a detail to the bench that I can not make up my mind on.

--- Shall the edges bevelled so they are reinforced and the visible, or should they be filled and smoothed out and disappear? I'm a bit ambivalent here

The link below shows exactly what I mean, the pictures are from Viktor Lantos, Hungary.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/viktorlant ... / lightbox /

later on, it shall be painted in multiple layers so it is sustainable against splashes.

Give me your oppinion in this matter please.

H.

Tonight (26januari) i will start building the actual bench that will hold the tank.
22 pices that has been cut to perfection, hers a preview.

H.

20140125_144321.jpg

Do not know how many are still following the project, but it is proceeding slowly in between ...

The bench has taken shape today.

First picture of a half-finished carpentry. The center brace is still undone and the door hinges to be fitted, and so even the doors. All the pieces are cut at building merchant and with millimeter precision. Very good job there, adjustments have been under 1mm where it has been necessary. More pictures will come later when construction nearing completion

20140126_215310.jpg

Glue and dowels in places not to be seen from outside. And screws on topp and bottom.

Ice Cold work tonight. Note the work light! 4*24watt
The bench is assembled, now with the center brace. All holes on top are filled and sanded. Dowels and glue were used on all sides that face outside just so they will not crack up later when damp and the Heavy load will break up the fillings. Screws are used on the top and bottom, and inside the cabinet.

Next work wil be the doors and hinges,
More picttures om the blog, Ada style kabinett | Bloggplats H.

H
kabinett-i.jpg

The first door with its hinges on Place. Pice of cake!

gc3a5ngjc3a4rn1.jpg
gc3a5ngjc3a4rn2.jpg

See more pics on the blog of mine

Back