• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Affordable LED lights

Dave Pierce

Not sure on that one but I have just bought an arcadia cs60f for 2 pounds more and it seems like a good unit. Ive posted a review in the lighting section cannt link from my phone sorry

Someone is running that unit in a journal here...

I looked into these a few months back and could find next to nothing on them in freshwater tanks but over on the American forums they seem to be quite popular for marines

Hth a little

Mark

I have a Boyu t5 luminaire and although cheap, seems to be pretty well made. Can offer no advice on the LED units though.

I've recently been looking at something like this: Aquarium Fish Tank Clip Clamp Lamp 42/60/96 LED Light White Blue Lighting | eBay and was wondering if two would be enough over a 3ft tank. I don't really want to drop the intensity from the 3 T5s that I currently use but find the specs too confusing to be able to make a decent judgement.

The thing I worry about is how this light would look over a planted aquarium. Being 2/3 white and 1/3 blue, would this be a good colour output over a planted aquarium?

A sticky where all these LEDs were reviewed and compared would be really useful! I see in the next thread down some one's asking about the Beamswork ones.

Mine is the same price as that boyu and works ok Dave, it's this one 58cm LED Aquarium plant Light 180 White lamps 8000K for 56~61cm tank lighting | eBay

t1sm.jpg

Back