• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

re mineralization of to water for crs.:-)

kirk

Hi all. I will soon be turning my tank into a crs tank. the question I have is I currently have tropic Marin mineral for ro which I haven't used. Is this stuff ok for crs or do I really need salty shrimp or equivalent? Cheers Kirk.

The tittle is supposed to say re mineralizing oh how I love this phones ability to change everything I'm trying to say:)

Cheers mate:D I think I've sorted it now, and I was woundering why nobody Had replied :D

Oh well still says to instead of ro I give up.

A cheap way of re-mineralising is Salty Shrimp GH+. You can get a small pot for just under £10 and it will last you ages, depending on tank size of course. A small pot is said to be enough for 600l but reckon is does a bit more than that.

Hi all,
I'm sure it is all right, although I would suspect it is a very expensive way of buying baking soda <Remineralising RO | UK Aquatic Plant Society>. If you don't mind buying some salts you can make your own custom mix using the calculator at "James' Planted Tank" <James' Planted Tank - Re-mineralising RO Water>, and this should prove cheaper in the long run.

cheers Darrel
cheers mate I've just written all this Down and looking to source them. Could only find the potassium carb on the link. Cheers Kirk.

Darrel is magnesium sulphate heptahydrate ( mgso47h20 the same as bath salts/ Epson salts? Ive nearly sourced the ingredient on eBay cheers Kirk.:)

Thanks Darrel. That means I only have 3 things to source as I already have some Epson. Cheers Kirk.:)

Back