• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Destiny by Josh Sim 2013

Hi Roly...thanks!

yup i created this scape base on a drawing that i found on the net:
The_Dark_Forest_by_Blinck3_zpsac1aca11.jpg

IAPLC2013forum_zps204a0338.jpg

of course the final tank looks quite different from the original drawing but the main idea is to recreate the feeling of a mysterious forest!
:)

unbelievably amazing mate :clap:

Better than the pic lol
Dean

Thank you.
to be very honest...the final outcome is not really what i'm looking for as originally i intend to create something "darker"....but i'm not complaining. :)

to be very honest...the final outcome is not really what i'm looking for as originally i intend to create something "darker"...

Actually, what really makes this scape work are the two "holes" that allow the background light to be seen. Perhaps I would have left the "path" free of plants. Being whiter it would have worked to create a powerful mirror effect of the background light. Hard to explain these thing in words, hope you see the point :).

Thomas

Really incredible, probably one the most beautiful tanks I have ever seen.
I have saved the final pic in the "tank I want to do when I grow old" folder of my computer!

Incredible:)
Something to aspire to, thanks for sharing;)
May I ask, as you positioned the hardscape in the flooded tank, how had you attached the mosses to the wood prior to positioning, had you previously completed a dry start with this using the yoghurt / blended moss method?

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk

There is nothing I can say that has not been said already. The tank is spectacular. The amount of hardscape and plants is really impressive to me the most.

Hi guys, thanks again!

Pinkmummy: i'd position the wood underwater, once i think i've found the position i wanted, i'd take out the wood again and tied them with moss and put them back in. if i really wanted to tie some moss after everything is fixed, i will reduce the water to expose the wood. Nope...never try dry start method.

Thomas, Parotet and Orlando: thanks!

Back