• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Glossostigma growing up despite over 1.5 watts per liter?!

Is that your lily pipe in the back right corner, with the intake in the middle? You could try repositioning them both onto the the right-hand wall so that it creates a circular flow along the top to the left wall and then returning across the bottom. Positioned as they are, I can't see how the flow is reaching all areas of the tank.

How about the light period? In my tank the glosso grew horizontal in the darkest corners as well, no problems. Before I left 2 weeks for a vacation I reduced the amount of light a little and reduced the photoperiod by half. CO2, flow, everything else stayed the same but when I came back, the glosso was shooting out vertical plants all over the tank. Don't know the answer to your question unfortunate but I would say light has something to do with it at least.

The OP needs to improve flow distribution. As mentioned, the problem has nothing to do with light. As proven by the OP himself massive lighting did not prevent the leggy growth. Trim the carpet area and rearrange the outflow. The CO2 being injected is not getting to the plants.

Cheers,

Sorry guys, didn't see that there were any replies until now!!

The inflow and outflow are in the middle now because of their size. They were blocking light to the pogostemon and the other stems at the back and was stunting their growth.

I hear what is being said about the flow, however I genuinely cannot believe that it is an issue. The flow rate is 1350 lph in a 29 litre tank and every single plant in the tank is moving with the current. Even in the spot behind the rocks! The flow at its strongest point is directly onto the glosso so it just makes no sense?!

Will re-trim but I feel that the glosso is simply not working in this tank and also feel that it is slightly too big for the foreground plant so will be switching it to HC. As a slight experiment i put some of the cuttings into a different tank where the flow was significantly less audit grew horizontally when exceptionally compact from the word go!! Just one of those things I suppose!!!

Thanks for all your help and shared knowledge!!

Back