• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My new toy

Team Steve

Going from my canon s90 point and shoot to a real camera, cant wait play with it more :)

IMG_0114_zps8b274036.jpg

Any tips which will help will be appreciated :)

My next buy will have to be a tripod or some how light the tank better! and I feel I need to work on the focus...

DPP_0018_zpsb6948072.jpg

DPP_0018_zpsb6948072.jpg.html

Nice.

My biggest tip is to learn to shoot in manual mode (M on the dial).

You'll need to learn about aperture, shutter speed and ISO - what each does and how they're related. There's some good articles on the net to explain the basics.

Judging from the pic look at adjusting white balance too.

Have fun! :)

Mmm, what George said above :)
You going to love that nifty fifty once you get into it. My biggest tip apart from manual mode of course is up your contrast, saturation and sharpness in the camera almost all way up for better pics straight out of the camera.

Nothing wrong with these.

Sometimes worth;
setting it so the center dot is your only focus point ( if you focus on something then keep the button semi pressed it will stay locked on )
putting it in auto iso
setting it on tv then adjusting that to suit your subject.

Use the exp compensation button regularly!

Put it on a tripod, put it in live view, then manually play and watch as your exposures are magically changed as you fiddle with your knobs!

Back