• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Twinstar..what is it?

I must say I am surprised at all the negative comments!
I can't understand why some folk disapprove of something that they don't even know what it is or how it works LOL..
The mystery continues! I posted a similar thread on the American site only to get a similar response but .... still nobody knows how the device is supposed to achieve what it is said to do!! :confused:

Perhaps the makers aren't unwilling to tell, but they just don't tell in English because it is not their native language nor are they actively marketing yet in English based countries. I think there are some ver judgemental people here, with reasonings like: I don't get it so it's crap/snake oil...

Big Clown hit the nail on the head.

Just because it's expensive and supposedly complicated, it doesn't mean it works. Despite the fact that the only literature on it is in Japanese, the translation does not excuse that there is no explanation of how it achieves what it claims to.

The fact still remains that if we supply our plants with everything they need, we don't need any overpriced gimmick to remedy our cock-ups.

That I agree, but remember that only a few decades ago, pressurized CO2 was one of those overpriced gadgets;)

Very true, but CO2 is one of the main components in photosynthesis. It is essential for good plant growth, especially at the high light levels we use in comparison with what people were using back then. This gadget doesn't seem to add anything, only prevent algae. We can do that without some silly iFad.

I have this instraction
HksIG0T.jpg

IEvBxxc.jpg

Perhaps the makers aren't unwilling to tell, but they just don't tell in English because it is not their native language nor are they actively marketing yet in English based countries. I think there are some ver judgemental people here, with reasonings like: I don't get it so it's crap/snake oil...

Yep I said snake oil...is it needed?

Is it really needed?

Can anyone explain what effects it has on mg etc etc in the tank?

No one I know can explain how is does anything at the moment mate...
However I do have another question ... why are the snake oil believers so interested in this thread if the device has no purpose? ...just asking like.... ;)
Are we not all hanging out to know what the mystery device can do, if anything & if it will help us or not?

I'm interested, because I'm not always right. I want to be proved wrong. I want it to allow me to have an immaculate aquarium without any effort.

Yes I have read that topic. To some degree you are right saying about number of factors. From this device I would expect quite easily noticable results though.
Anyways. Very typical reaction of the public to all things new. :)

Yep I said snake oil...is it needed?

Is it really needed?

Can anyone explain what effects it has on mg etc etc in the tank?

If it truly uses ion plasma technology as stated above, than it would have no effect on any ions and thus on 99% of our fertilizers. The only fertilizer it might have an effect on (although negative, like UV, ozone etc.) is chelated metals like iron. Magnesium, nothing...

Is it needed you ask... IMO: No!! But someone should defend the apparatus:p

http://blog.naver.com/twinstarnano/150172392545

If this stuff would not work this would not get so much attention quickly.
In my mind this mainly helps for beginners. And if this do so it's a good thing. Still the majority of the newcomers gave up the hobby because they could not handle the initial issues with the tank and they get dissapointed immediatelly as they jumped in the hobby because of the wonderful scapes.

Companies can sell UV. For what? Maybe one time green water issue for 2 percent of every new planted tank? (in a planted tank not a fish tank where the sterilization capability is useful)

So if UV has a market. or other gadgets than Ozone then something which works continously in a tank is not an extra.

Some people pay this much money on easy carbo, algexit, bluexit and other chemicals to kill algae. So if you compare this stuff with the ammount what they spend on checmicals, this isn't that much anymore.

For advanced guys this is really not needed for sure. But it's like an automatic screen washer in your car or auto headlights. Noone really wanted these stuffs in the past. And now we just live with them and probably forgot how the screen need to be washed :)

Still it's an interesting gear. Would try it for sure. :)

Back